Player Rankings

Duracell

I posted some of this on the old forum but for some reason stopped doing it.

Anyway, I've got this spreadsheet that I've adapted from my GCSE ICT that I've been able to use for Derby player ratings so I can average player scores in minutes. That's right, I can collect stats and have a life ;)

So here's the list of who's performing well according to the fans, and who isn't - no surprises as to who's bottom! The list only counts players who have made 5 appearances of atleast 20 minutes:

Kris Commons - 6.9530

John Brayford - 6.9465

Frank Fielding - 6.9433

Dean Moxey - 6.7922

Tomasz Cywka - 6.7630

Alberto Bueno - 6.6890

Shaun Barker - 6.6821

James Bailey - 6.6785

Paul Green - 6.6699

Shefki Kuqi - 6.5145

Stephen Bywater - 6.4330

Dean Leacock - 6.3917

Robbie Savage - 6.3514

Gareth Roberts - 6.2600

Ben Pringle - 6.2220

Stephen Pearson - 5.2739

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, at first glance I thought savage leacock and green were low down but found of hard myself to rate them above any of the others. Quite nice to know we hve a lot of players playing well.

Will be interesting to see how accurate this is towards player of the season.

An average of 5 posters from this site, with one harsh marker and one generous marker included.

Don't you think our marks are a bit biased. Loads of us are useless when it comes to marking our own team.

If a player you really don't rate plays well its hard to give him the credit.

Same the other way round, your fave player could play like a complete gump yet you'd make excuses for him.

Trainspotting though, its not based on emotion is it. You've either seen BR7689452 or you have'nt.

Seriously Bunny, its not bad actually, fairly accurate so far...:)

Don't you think our marks are a bit biased. Loads of us are useless when it comes to marking our own team.

If a player you really don't rate plays well its hard to give him the credit.

Same the other way round, your fave player could play like a complete gump yet you'd make excuses for him.

Trainspotting though, its not based on emotion is it. You've either seen BR7689452 or you have'nt.

Seriously Bunny, its not bad actually, fairly accurate so far...:)

A lot of it is supposed to be down to emotion. It's a measure of fan appreciation rather than fundamental performance effectiveness.

Commons has been marked very harshly at times though, he's got the 2nd lowest mark of the season, which shows that the averages generally irons out player preferances.

Anyway, I won't be doing the ratings this weekend, I'll be too busy searching for and posting on Star Trek forums.

Archived