Bryne Geir Andre Herrem.

Alph

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry i meant standard not level, i knew i got the wording wrong.

That's hard to tell. The weakest teams in that division is very week, while the top teams has far greater quality. The second tier here is far less glamorous than England. I can't really define that, but the top teams in the second tier would probably do decent in Championship, I actually believe so, while the less greater teams probably would be in League One.

That's how I see it, though.

i hope that's the training ground behind him....i've got a feeling it might not be though. :eek:

That's the training ground of his former club, who plays on the third tier. There's a enormous gap in quality between the second and third tier, so the facilities for the clubs in the third tier is a disgrace.

Don't forget that we're talking about the player. We're not taking the whole team in.

Just because he plays for a team of a similar standard to Burton Albion (not saying that's the standard, just an example) it doesn't mean that he is that standard himself and that's where he belongs.

We all start somewhere. And no way on earth could Brayford of been League 2 quality last season. There are many players playing lower than their ability should permit just waiting to be found.

Hope that division is restricting him. Hope we sign him and find out that when he's put alongside Commons, Cywka and co he's comfortable.

About time we had a new transfer rumour!!

Just found this article relating to the interest from Viking, a top Norwegian side also showing interest..

Egil (Østenstad) and I are traveling now, but Egil has ordered a chat with him during the week, "said Viking coach Hareide to Rogaland Avis.

Herrem have just left behind a great autumn in the for Byrne. The striker played 17 games this season, scoring ten goals. All the goals came during the autumn season. It gives him a goalscoring rate of of 0.59. Only former teammate Marius Helle was better in the 1st division. He scored 17 goals in 15 appearances, and left Bryne for Stabæk after playing half the season.

Herrem struggled with groin injuries at the start of the season, and Viking want to check out his physical shape before they go on with interest.

- The purpose of the conversation we should have is to survey damage to his situation a bit. He was gone for a while this season, and we want to be extremely accurate in relation to his injury history. Therefore, our physiotherapists will also look at him, "said Hareide.

Viking coach likes football player Herrem.

- He has great speed, and I saw him in Fredrikstad match. In addition, he is very brave and will score lots of goals when he is healthy, "said Hareide.

He denies that Viking has already been agreed with the tip of a contract.

- No we have not gotten that far. First we have a thorough conversation with him. We want to find out what kind of ambition he has, and we do not find out just by watching him play, "said Hareide.

The former Ålgård striker has not extended the contract with Bryne, and is on a contract that expires this year.

http://www.rogalandsavis.no/sport/viking/article5383200.ece

Forget Herrem, how much for this Marius Helle?

17 goals in 15 games. :D;)

Is he worth a 66.666666666 Barker type fee though?

Let me put it this way: He is worth double the amount of N*ttinghams entire squad. In other words: nothing.

Seriously though, he is not worthy enough to play for the Rams. He has nothing to add to our squad. I honestly can't see how Cloughs' scouts find him good enough.

(bet Polar bears scratching his head)

You would think so, but no.

Archived