Bryne Geir Andre Herrem.

Alph

For those who can't be bothered to stick it in a translator...

When Derby discovered that Geir André Herrem had permission to train with the club, he was sent right to die.

- Yes, it turned out that the player you are talking about neither had the paperwork in order, or permit to be in the club. When we found out there, we sent him home, "says communications manager at Derby Matt McCann to Aftenbladet.

- And now he's completely out of date for us, "he adds.

It was the 15th November Geir André Herrem arrived at Derby. Lysluggen came to train with the club on the second-highest level in England. But things were far from the way they should be.

Herrem, which is under contract Bryne, had in fact not permitted by his employer to be in Derby on trial. And Aftenbladet know that the club had sent two written warnings to both Herrem and his advisors in advance. This they chose to defy.

"We knew we were not allowed, but took a calculated risk and went anyway, "he says Geir Herrem to Aftenbladet - on direct questions about why.

And when Derby thus found that Herrem was on the playing field without permission from their own club, he was given home after only two days at the club.

- Both Bryne and Derby have done everything right here. This is the player's responsibility, "says Matt McCann in Derby.

Bryne and CEO Tore Haugvaldstad, for their part, want to say as little as possible about what happened to Herrem in England.

- This is a boring personnel case, which we do not want to comment uttad, "said Haug Valstad, which nevertheless, as before, do not hide the fact that the club is underway to fill the hole after Herrem.

- Yes, we feel we have given him both one and two chances, and the possibility of a third, we consider. Right now we do not connect with the player, and we are looking for other options, "said Haugvaldstad.

Not Responding

Contact with the player, will not Aftenbladet. The former Ålgård player's adviser, Terje Simonsen, also choose not to answer our hendvendelser.

- What happens to Geir André Herrem now, Geir Herrem?

- I do not know. And had I known it, so I had not said it enough. He has a contract with Bryne of the year, so it is not so long before something happens, "said Bryne-striker's father, who was the son of the Derby two weeks ago.

Before this season said Herrem first no to Bryne in favor of a verbal offer from a club in German 2 division. As it never appeared in writing, however, ended Herrem in Bryne.

After the season he was first considered for Viking, but then decided that spoke of the audition in Derby.

I quite like the bit where he is going to be 'sent right to die'....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those who can't be bothered to stick it in a translator...

I quite like the bit where he is going to be 'sent right to die'....

Cheers for the translation, and I laughed at that too :D

By 'Completely out of date for us', does he mean we're not going to chase him up again then? Sounds like it.

Archived