France = Derby

ramsbottom

Did anyone else notice the similarities between our systems last night???

France played three narrow attacking midfielders behind Benzema like we do with two sitting in, like we do.

England played like we did under R2D2, defensive set up, stunted passing, knocking it long to the lone target man hoping he'd get a flick on.

Just an observation...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone else notice the similarities between our systems last night???

France played three narrow attacking midfielders behind Benzema like we do with two sitting in, like we do.

England played like we did under R2D2, defensive set up, stunted passing, knocking it long to the lone target man hoping he'd get a flick on.

Just an observation...

Oh, that terrible football...that got us promoted...took us to Wembley...won a record amount of away games....yeah...it was awful...i hope those succesful days don't come back..that would be terrible.

Oh, that terrible football...that got us promoted...took us to Wembley...won a record amount of away games....yeah...it was awful...i hope those succesful days don't come back..that would be terrible.

It also resulted in the worst team in history so yeah pretty bad really

Eh?...and was ultimately a football cul-de-sac. Watching the inept England display last night reminded me of England in the seventies, dinosaur football, clueless tactics, and using players out of position clearly unsuited to the task. If all else fails, boot it up to the centre half.

That's why I put "what?". The 1st post as I read it was, France played well with the same formation as we played. Positive post.

Puzzled by musepachram's reply

Yep, I was puzzled. I can see how Clough (et al) is trying to get us to play, fluid, dynamic, flexible with lots of movement, and simple passing - just like France. Winning the ball high up, and not giving the opposition room. England were too deep, slow at closing down - and most of the passing was too long. England lined up like a row of dustbins, and played like them.

I never said it was terrible football, well it was last night, I was merely highlighting how forward thinking and modern our current formation looks despite the fact both the formations are the same...

I think Muespach Ram is looking for an argument. Anyone will do, eh son? Got a little hangover perhaps? ;-)

erm, yep, a stinking hangover, drinking with a room full of French football fans until god knows when.

All I was trying to say is that the football under Mr Davies wasn't as bad as too many people make out.

I certainly hope we do not ever go back to playing that horrid type of football. You are either a fool or a complete wum.

Astounding post!!!!! :eek:

I thought Phil Brown's football was infinitely worse to watch than Wee Billy's, to be fair.

Fair enough can't argue with that. Billy was given some backing and still played horrid football, ok the results came but we were not good to watch. Phil Brown at least had the excuse of the three amigos!!! :cool:

Archived