Harry Potter

Perky1106

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with you there Joe - the books have always been better than the films but the fact that they've made the final one into a two part film is the best thing they could have done. It would be complete rubbish if they had done it all at once. Am thinking Ms. Rowling put her foot down there and wanted it done properly.

I love the films though, got tickets for me and my daughter booked for tomorrow night, although my other half has booked for tomorrow morning so he will see it before I do!! :mad: We can't all go together because of our 6 year old.

Agree with you there Joe - the books have always been better than the films but the fact that they've made the final one into a two part film is the best thing they could have done. It would be complete rubbish if they had done it all at once. Am thinking Ms. Rowling put her foot down there and wanted it done properly.

I love the films though, got tickets for me and my daughter booked for tomorrow night, although my other half has booked for tomorrow morning so he will see it before I do!! :mad: We can't all go together because of our 6 year old.

Or maybe she wanted another payday....call me cynical.

im going tomorrow night can't wait. agree with everything you said there LR.

poor old Gaz is comming with me and he's not over keen might ply him with beer before so he'll be all good.

Just chuck the beer down his neck lynds!! ;) You never know though - he might become a bit addicted to the films like the rest of us :D

Or maybe she wanted another payday....call me cynical.

Am not sure if money would be the only motivator there, she's made millions from the whole franchise thing and made more millions from the theme park.

I don't think she could ever take all this money for granted, not being as skint as she was when she finished the first book. I couldn't anyways.

But, saying that, there's nowt wrong with being cynical though.

Same here, might of liked it had I been 12, but I'm not, so I don't.

Harry Potter was a good story for me as I grew up only a year or so older than Harry was in the book, and I like to read anyway, so I probably caught that at the perfect time for me to like it.

Lord Of The Rings however is a brilliant book series that anyone can enjoy, for me it's the ultimate book almost. If it had a little more humour, it'd be perfect.

I used to watch Postman Pat and the Turtles when I grew up, then I grew up and I stopped watching them and reading the pictures in FHM.

Postman Pat and turtles?? Bloody ell, I must be getting old then because I used to watch Bagpuss and the Flowerpot men. :eek:

Rather ashamedly, I've never read all the books properly...

I think I read the first one, a bit of the second and thirds, and about half of the fourth.

I missed the diamond opportunity to read them as a kid a few years ago.

Now, I've always got too much on to get into them again. :frown:

Archived