Harry Potter

Perky1106

I think there is a lot more to it than just a kids story, when you read onto the later books especially there is a lot that would seem unsuitable for children, and to be fair I only got into the books a few years ago and I'm in my mid twenties. Each to there own though

Having watched this one this morning, I can't think of anything they left out of the book and it makes sense to split the story in two with how much detail they are putting in.. They split the story at a sensible time, although it does kind of just stop. It is at a point where you know something big is just around the corner.

I actually enjoyed this one more than any others, some laughs, some groans and a couple of scares. An enjoyable film for me. One downside is there is quite a lot of travelling, and changing locations for the mian characters which means you get short sharp bursts of action followed by slow bits. But that is how the book was to.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you enjoyed it Lyndsay - we went along last night and loved it.

You can see why it's got a 12 rating - a few jump out of your seat moments, a bit of a racey scene with Harry and Hermione - but saying that, 12 year olds can handle it. The torture scene with Hermione near the end..younger kids would be scared I think.

A great film, only deviated slightly from the book, which makes a change from chopping it to bits. The final film should be excellent.

Just got back from seeing it.

Very impressed by it all. I just don't know why they didn't do the other six films as excellently as they've just done this one.

I think that would have taken 14 years and would be far too long a wait.

They really had no choice with this one its too big a stroy to do in 2 hours. I watched a programme on ITV earlier and the director said that after the books started getting bigger at Goblet of Fire they decided to focus on Harry and chopped bits out of the books that had no relation to what was happening to Harry. They then later made reference to them in passing (Like when Bill says at the start of this on that Greyback had given him the scar, in the Half Blood Prince it happens at the end of the book when they are fighting the Death Eaters, a scene totally cut out of the film) He also said that they thought about splitting GoF and HBP.

I think that would have taken 14 years and would be far too long a wait.

They really had no choice with this one its too big a stroy to do in 2 hours. I watched a programme on ITV earlier and the director said that after the books started getting bigger at Goblet of Fire they decided to focus on Harry and chopped bits out of the books that had no relation to what was happening to Harry. They then later made reference to them in passing (Like when Bill says at the start of this on that Greyback had given him the scar, in the Half Blood Prince it happens at the end of the book when they are fighting the Death Eaters, a scene totally cut out of the film) He also said that they thought about splitting GoF and HBP.

The Order of the Phoenix book started slowly. He didn't even get to Hogwarts till about 200 pages in so it's better some of it was cut out. Though the Snape flashbacks could have had more detail.

There's a few important things missing in the HBP though, particularly the stuff about the Gaunt family and Riddle/Voldemort's parentage.

HPB should have been split really. It was one of the best books and the film, i wont call it bad but it was disappointing to say the least.

Just seen part one, wow so close to the book, Mega impressed, not just from liking the books but as a film on its own it was stunning. Only a few bits I would have changed, infact only two that bother me enough to mention. I wont go into details for those that haven't seen it yet, but kreachers tale and leaving the ministry I would have changed.

HPB should have been split really. It was one of the best books and the film, i wont call it bad but it was disappointing to say the least.

Just seen part one, wow so close to the book, Mega impressed, not just from liking the books but as a film on its own it was stunning. Only a few bits I would have changed, infact only two that bother me enough to mention. I wont go into details for those that haven't seen it yet, but kreachers tale and leaving the ministry I would have changed.

I always thought (spoiler alert) ... that they should have bought more polyjuice potion with them or ran the **** out of there before Yaxley managed to chase them.

Archived