Joey Barton

Thornhill

were any of those players in prison before? were they given loads and loads of chances? no they weren't, also they are gifted footballers who would be a serious loss, where as abrton is mediocre and no-one would care, he's a thug and should be dealt with

So, if you are in prison you shouldn0t be aloud to play football..?

The point of a prison scentence is that you go to prison, do your time, and come out, and THAT is when the punishment FINISHES...it's the miracles of the British Judicial system.

And WHY should more "gifted" footballers be given special sanctions to do what the hell they like..?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you miss the point, you raised examples of cantona ect, I said that they weren't in prison before and weren't as prone to violence as this particular player. Please read it all through before making rash posts, actually you will find that a lot of people will forgive more talented people of misdeeds than mediocre people sad but true.

the banned for life wasn't great however i believe there are serious ethical issues with joey barton tbh, there should be more punishment in my belief because he constantly does this, by the way is anyone going to see tony benn tonight?

You cannot add extra time to any punishment he gets because he has been in prison.!

personal life and footballing career are seperate.

He was sent to prison for an off the field offence, nothing to do with football. Compare Barton to someone like Cattermole at Sunderland who's had 2 Red cards and 4 Yellows this season already, Barton has only had 3 in his 9 season career.

You cannot add extra time to any punishment he gets because he has been in prison.!

personal life and footballing career are seperate.

I was advocating that a harsher sentence be brought forward because it does happen a lot, like if a criminal repeatedly offends then he would have a harsher sentence. If christiano ronaldo raped somone got out at the age of 29 would you say it was ok for him to play football? personal life and football career arn't always seperate, if somthing is bad enough then it should affect the playing career of that particular person

If they have done the time they have a right to go and earn a living, now if a football club decides to employ the player then he should be allowed to continue his career.

No different to any Tom, Dick and Harry trying to get a job after doing time.

my point is, i don't believe it's right that somone playing football who is supposed to be held in high regard should get off lightly by the f.a for punching somone in the ribs, especially if they have a history of such behavior

What about Cattermole, like mentioned before..?

What about Cantona?

What about Keane?

What about Shawcross?

All have a "history" none handed excessive scentences for much much much worse disciplinary records than Barton.

You have to forget what he has done off the pitch, just because he doesn't seem like a very nice guy he cannot be treated any differently.

What about Cattermole, like mentioned before..?

What about Cantona?

What about Keane?

What about Shawcross?

All have a "history" none handed excessive scentences for much much much worse disciplinary records than Barton.

You have to forget what he has done off the pitch, just because he doesn't seem like a very nice guy he cannot be treated any differently.

why shawcross ?

one bad tackle on ramsay but thats it and he was sorry for that because it was accidental

Why Shawcross..?

An accident..?

Come on, you don't really believe it was an accident do you?

what about when he put Adebayor out for a month with that horrible tackle..off the pitch..

Or when he broke Francis Jeffers ankle..?

Why Shawcross..?

An accident..?

Come on, you don't really believe it was an accident do you?

what about when he put Adebayor out for a month with that horrible tackle..off the pitch..

Or when he broke Francis Jeffers ankle..?

He's not a nasty player, none of them were nasty challenges.

He's a powerful player, so he's going to end up injuring people. However, he's not a nasty player, so he doesn't deserve to be in that list. He hasn't gone in to injure those players.

Look at his reaction when he hurt Ramsey.

He's not a nasty player, none of them were nasty challenges.

He's a powerful player, so he's going to end up injuring people. However, he's not a nasty player, so he doesn't deserve to be in that list. He hasn't gone in to injure those players.

Look at his reaction when he hurt Ramsey.

So, he walked around crying a bit, that makes him a nice person.?

All three of those challenges (two of them leaving his opponents with multiple brakes) were nasty challenges, much nastier than anything Barton has ever done ON the field.

The challenge on Ramsey was absolutely shocking, a real leg breaking, nasty challenge, look at it again, he hasn't even got an eye on the ball and both his legs are off the ground, it was a shocking challenge.

So, he walked around crying a bit, that makes him a nice person.?

All three of those challenges (two of them leaving his opponents with multiple brakes) were nasty challenges, much nastier than anything Barton has ever done ON the field.

The challenge on Ramsey was absolutely shocking, a real leg breaking, nasty challenge, look at it again, he hasn't even got an eye on the ball and both his legs are off the ground, it was a shocking challenge.

I watched it at the time and I thought that it wasn't a bad challenge, just mis-timed. The pundits on MOTD said the same if I recall.

Archived