Joey Barton

Thornhill

He's not a nasty player, none of them were nasty challenges.

He's a powerful player, so he's going to end up injuring people. However, he's not a nasty player, so he doesn't deserve to be in that list. He hasn't gone in to injure those players.

Look at his reaction when he hurt Ramsey.

totally agree mate

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
for once muespachram i agree with you,

could this be the start of a beautiful friendship?:D

Maybe so Trigger...it is only because...for once, you are talking a bit of sense..!

Seriously though, we need the bit of steel in there, at the moment we haven't got the right balance from playing the beautiful football and being able to grind out 1-0 away wins without playing well whilst having to dive into tackles all night.

There are some good things about Joey Barton too, I wouldn't like to have a pint with him or anything like that, and I wouldn't like to see him playing for Derby, but considering certain aspects of his family background he hasn't turned out that badly. Give him a chance he seems to be turning his life around. Of course you are right to mention that Steve Gerrard has never been in prison, he doesn't go round hitting people because they don't like Phil Collins and this was proven in court so must be true.

There are some good things about Joey Barton too, I wouldn't like to have a pint with him or anything like that, and I wouldn't like to see him playing for Derby, but considering certain aspects of his family background he hasn't turned out that badly. Give him a chance he seems to be turning his life around. Of course you are right to mention that Steve Gerrard has never been in prison, he doesn't go round hitting people because they don't like Phil Collins and this was proven in court so must be true.

Exactly, good old Stevie G is a model citizen as the court of law proved.

Barton gets a rough ride because of his private life, he is actually a very very good player indeed, definitely the sort of player you would rather have in your team than against you.

Considering his brother murdered a black lad with an axe in a racist attack, he hasn't turned out badly in relative terms. :rolleyes:

Archived