Opposition view

Gaspode

heard Portsmouth's Aaron Mokoena interviewed on TalkSport this morning (following on from Pompey's draw with QPR last night). He was asked which was the best team in the championship this season and without hesitating he said it was the Rams...said we were superb and also that Pompey didn't play well in the first half on Saturday, but that was probably because Derby played so well. Nice to an opposition player giving us credit (even if the Talksport presenters were too shocked to comment any further....)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i heard him this morning. He did add that in the second half Portsmouth felt they played well and that we were still the better side.

O'Driscoll said we were the best at the Keepmoat so far this season when we played them.

Warnock might not be so eager to admit we were far better than his QPR but he does admit he's been a bit lucky at times.

Keane was impressed with us.

Everyone wants to be a Ram at the moment :D :D

I'm a huge Mokoena fan, a really decent bloke he is. Great attitude to him.

So's OOE

"... Mokoena was probably very lucky to remain on the pitch but seeing as he had been playing with all the elegance and half the mobility of a garden gnome missing his fishing rod, it made little difference."

So's OOE

"... Mokoena was probably very lucky to remain on the pitch but seeing as he had been playing with all the elegance and half the mobility of a garden gnome missing his fishing rod, it made little difference."

Might be a little harsh on him ;) Would like him here if we didn't have Barker, for sure.

Yeah i heard him this morning. He did add that in the second half Portsmouth felt they played well and that we were still the better side.

O'Driscoll said we were the best at the Keepmoat so far this season when we played them.

Warnock might not be so eager to admit we were far better than his QPR but he does admit he's been a bit lucky at times.

Keane was impressed with us.

Everyone wants to be a Ram at the moment :D :D

I think Warnock did say in The Independent that we were the better side for 90 minutes and at the time hailed it the best response of the season.

Warnock often is fair to the opposition, but his reputation goes before him and he takes poor refereeing decisions personally.

Just looking at todays scores at the moment....if they stay as they are it will be very good for us...would rather Reading were not breathing down our necks though if they did win.

Reading are the forgotten team in this, actually. They have a much deeper squad than us, they can afford to have injuries.

Lets hope they do not have the quality is reserve.

I think they do, sadly.

Our reserve team is almost non-existent right now, it's mostly made up of Academy players.

Reading also have experience at these dizzy heights, unlike us.

Don't get me wrong, we have huuuuuuggggggge potential, but I think this is Reading's season.

Archived