Frank fielding ( legend )

Whoneedshuls

Let's hope for another 3 points at Fester. What was the quality of play like tonight, did we have to grind out this result or did we play decent football again? I don't get Radio Derby up here in Donny so can anyone advise please.

Sorry this is off thread and I'll post it in the match section..............(embarrassed)

first half was good. Both teams had chances though Ipswich were restricted to shots from range, the first bring a really good strike. We should have buried a couple of chances though, kuqi scuffed a one on one and if Bailey stuck his laces through his chance it would have gone in.

Second half was all us until the second goal the it was all hands on deck. Great defending and outstanding goalkeeping kept the clean sheet.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats wrong with Bywater? Everyone kept saying how he was one of the best keepers in the division before he got injured. I think we would be better saving the cash for another position because we cant have 2 class keepers and I wouldnt expect Bywater would fetch much even though he is good.

Whats wrong with Bywater? Everyone kept saying how he was one of the best keepers in the division before he got injured. I think we would be better saving the cash for another position because we cant have 2 class keepers and I wouldnt expect Bywater would fetch much even though he is good.

Average keeper really.

Fielding is showing just what a good keeper can do for this side.

He is the under-21 keeper. We have tried to sign him permanently before and failed (according to someone I know). He would cost at least £2m to separate from Blackburn. I think he fancies his chances of the number one shirt there when Robinson gets past it or goes to another club. If we had the luxury to throw dollar about then it would be brilliant to sign him. Would be great competition for Bywater, who is already a good enough keeper for the NPC.

So, in conclusion, it would be great to sign him but I think it would be a luxury.

Don't know if anyone else heard it, but NC said in the post-match interview last night on Radio Derby that he had already tried to sign him.

I like him - his kicking, although not perfect, is far better than Bywater.

Thought Fielding looked very dodgy last night to be honest. Made some quality saves and looks a very good shot stopper, but what keepers at this level arent? Almost cost us a couple of goals through him not claiming the ball when he came off his line, he's too small and lacks dominance in my opinion.

Don't know if anyone else heard it, but NC said in the post-match interview last night on Radio Derby that he had already tried to sign him.

I like him - his kicking, although not perfect, is far better than Bywater.

I believe that was on loan though, we were after him last season when we got Martin in from Liverpool.

Archived