Ipswich Town v Derby County

Day

Shall miss sitting on those old wooden seats with cobwebs and bird droppings :rolleyes:

At least Bywater won't get sent off tonight

looks like the match was in doubt this morning to

TONIGHT’S Championship fixture between high-flying rivals Ipswich Town and Derby County is ON, we can reveal

Town’s legendary groundsman Alan Ferguson and his team have been battling horrendous conditions for the last 36 hours.

Torrential rain has been falling since Sunday night – but the ITFC team have been working flat out to remove water from the pitch.

Much of the operation has involved spiking the pitch over a prolonged period, a club spokesman said.

Town’s pitch is highly-regarded in English football circles and the award-winning Town team are hoping it will be in excellent condition.

Got to be a win ! 0-2 to the mighty Rams

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See I would have taken a point from Pompey and a point tonight

So, even if we lose tonight (perish the thought) we're still up on the deal and everybody is happy, me that we got 3 points from Pompey and you that the 3 points on Saturday covers the 1 you wanted then and 1 tonight...Are you still with me?:D

What would you do different? Bring Brayford in to Centre and leave Moxey or start Addison/O'Brien?

Green to right back, Brayford to Centre back as before.

Moxey isn't strong enough to hold of strikers, and he's poor in the air. I think the goal will come from a player abusing that fact. It's not Moxeys fault of course, he's just not a very good centre back.

Would have put Pringle into Greens slot.

Radio Derby just announced a different team - been given a team sheet of

Fielding, Green, Barker, Brayford, Moxey, Bailey, Savage, Pringle, Commons, Cywka, Kuqi

Lets see who takes to the field

That's what i'd have done. If it's that side, I think we're on for a good result.

My sources tell me that Gareth Roberts didn't want to miss the end of tonights episode of Eastenders, he will stay behind in the dressing room to watch the ending and join the rest of the subs on the bench just after 8pm.

I think a few are being rather harsh on Roberts who is terrific with the ball at his feet and would fit in well to the current style of play. Roberts weakness is he gets knocked off the ball rather easily.

Let's just hope we get the 3 points in what is sure to be another tough test.

Archived