Captain next season

10 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

I reckon itll be a newbie  

Nelson is a bit quiet , Bradley surely wont be a guaranteed starter , NML possible club captain but not team captain.  

Ebou Adams ??? 

Disagree with Nelson being quiet. Watch a game back, he spends 90 mins directing traffic and positions etc. Loads of pointing and shouting. It's something he really impressed me with, doesn't need an armband to be a leader.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Walkley Ram said:

Disagree with Nelson being quiet. Watch a game back, he spends 90 mins directing traffic and positions etc. Loads of pointing and shouting. It's something he really impressed me with, doesn't need an armband to be a leader.

From the way Warne spoke about Nelson at the fan forum, I think he'd have been his choice as captain, but he let the players pick as part of his psychology strategy.  Rather than the captain being the "Gaffer's Man" as @MadAmster put it - Warne turned that around and had the captain as the "Team's Man" (like a workplace rep).  You can't say it didn't work as we got promoted, but I doubt many of us would have seen Hourihane as the obvious pick before it happened

Edited by Stive Pesley