Platini opposed to goal-line technology

Day

I don't understand why people are against it. You wouldn't be breaking up play if you only used it for goals.

I know you wouldn't.

But you'd take away the pathetic, unfair controversy that costs clubs so much, but is priceless to football as a whole.

If you want perfect, on-the-dot decisions, then Rugby or Tennis are there, and they're brilliant sports - but very different.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know you wouldn't.

But you'd take away the pathetic, unfair controversy that costs clubs so much, but is priceless to football as a whole.

If you want perfect, on-the-dot decisions, then Rugby or Tennis are there, and they're brilliant sports - but very different.

I've never liked that though, because it will come back around and bite you on your arse in important games.

I hate it happening, as you just know it's going to reverse entirely in another game.

The selling point of football should be football and not stupid decisions that are supposed to make us debate as if it's a positive thing. The game of football is complete disrepute as far I'm concerned until we intoduce goal-line technology. If we have it available then why not use it?

Pundits should be discussing the football that both teams are playing and not the lunatics who make the decisions.

Teams have suffered due to shocking decisions. There is nothing fun about this, whether it gives us something to talk about or not.

I remember in the 2001/02 season (I think) we lost 3 whole points at home in a match against Newcastle. We were 2-1 up until Newcastle made it 3-2 with goals that should have both been disallowed due to being offside. It's ludicrous. We can't rely completely on humans, they make mistakes. I don't care about 'Playstation' football, the right decisions should always be made.

It will only happen when the big/rich clubs stop getting the majority of decisions going their way.

At the moment it would not be in their interests to use technology.

True. When a big goal line decision error costs the likes of Manure and Chelsea three points at home there will be more sincere discussion of the technology.

No one battered an eye lid when Lua Lua ran offside and scored twice, costing us three points at home in our relegation season.

True. When a big goal line decision error costs the likes of Manure and Chelsea three points at home there will be more sincere discussion of the technology.

No one battered an eye lid when Lua Lua ran offside and scored twice, costing us three points at home in our relegation season.

Are you suggesting that we have 'hawk-eye' technology for offside as well as goal-line decisions?

Are you suggesting that we have 'hawk-eye' technology for offside as well as goal-line decisions?

Yes. If we introduce technology we should use if for all decisions, but on an appeal basis.

So give each team 3 appeals a half to use if they believe the ref got something wrong.

Yes. If we introduce technology we should use if for all decisions, but on an appeal basis.

So give each team 3 appeals a half to use if they believe the ref got something wrong.

Your view only goes to emphasise exactly why technology should not be introduced imo.

whether technology should be introduced or not is fair debate.

But this referee behind the goal nonsense??!!

He's there to severly limit human error. He's there to spot penalty appeals and goal line debates. If you want to restrict human error right down to bare bones then introduce technology. If you want to keep the debate and controversy in the game then leave it to the two linesmen and referee's decisions entirely that have served football just fine since..... well since football!!

Get rid of these two off putting idiots who are just as error prone as a referee. There is no decision they can make which can't be made by linesmen. If they get it wrong, which they will at times, then the whole debate is just going to be up in the air yet again until FIFA make the choice between leaving it to a ref and his two assistants and technology. This half way house solves nothing. What's next? 4 linesmen? 2 refs? A ref for each player??

Nah, football has done just fine over the decades. It's as popular now as ever. So it'll survive just fine without technology. Referees can continue to raise debate and controversy all over the world as they always have done.

Now the technology is available maybe we can put a stop to teams working hard to score a goal only to have all that energy and effort unfairly dismissed as worthless.

Two routes we can take. But instead these ****** at FIFA decide to do neither and go halfway between them. Which in my opinion is an insult to both tradition and the fair and honest effort of everyone who's involved in the game.

The people at FIFA are like all politicians. They ignore sensible solutions in favour of their own wise man solutions. Remember the idea to have penalty shoot-outs instead of draws????!! Just what Burton Albion would have deserved when they got a draw with Man Utd and earned a money spinning replay. Genius.

Archived