League Football

Bris Vegas

8 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Slightly confused how someone can be ''behind the team'' when calling for the manager to be sacked? The manager is part of the team, more than that, he is the leader of the team, if you're calling for his head then how are you in any way ''behind'' them as a whole, you're opposed to them at that point, no?

This winning streak always seemed likely to happen to me, hence why I've consistently stated patience was needed. But others let impatient petulance creep in. I wonder whether those folk have learned something from this spell about not speaking too soon, especially when voicing negativity.

Because it's a reasonable opinion to think that the team would be doing better under another manager. I still believe that, but it makes no difference if we're on a winning streak under Warne or someone else. So for now, he's doing alright. I think we have good enough players to get out of this league despite Warne, and if Warne takes us up then he deserves credit as having done a good job. Long term, I don't think he's the man, but it's all opinions isn't it.

What one man think's is best for Derby won't match what the man next to him thinks. Be boring then wouldn't it!

21 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Slightly confused how someone can be ''behind the team'' when calling for the manager to be sacked? The manager is part of the team, more than that, he is the leader of the team, if you're calling for his head then how are you in any way ''behind'' them as a whole, you're opposed to them at that point, no?

This winning streak always seemed likely to happen to me, hence why I've consistently stated patience was needed. But others let impatient petulance creep in. I wonder whether those folk have learned something from this spell about not speaking too soon, especially when voicing negativity.

And the FA cup defeat never happened  9 and of course can't be put right by our current improved form. Grow up.