Photo tech stuff (i-phone)

Mucker1884

So, imagine a scenario where I am being asked to provide a photo, which also shows time, date, AND geo location stamped/watermarked on the actual image  (Preferably all neat and tidy in the corner, rather than emblazoned across the pic like a copyright thingy!)

... Then I simply download from icloud and save (individually and/or in in a folder with others, as required) on a windows laptop, to then subsequently email said photo(s) to a third party... all the while this info is clearly shown on the image, wherever it is viewed.

(*That last bit may change to an on-line link to a shared icloud folder and/or the equivalent in Google Photos).

Forget opening a photo on the phone and checking the background data.  That's not what I'm after.
This needs to be visibly stamped on the pic (Presumably at source/as it's taken?).

Imagine if you will, taking such a photo on my retro i-phone 11pro, my colleague's shiny new 15pro max, or anything in between.

Then come back to me with words of wisdom... specifically relating to the first line (Emboldened and italicised, for absolutely no particular reason other than to prove I'm a bit of a computer whizz!).  I'm ok from that point onwards (I KNOW!  Right!) 

There's a matchday coffee in it for the winner!*
(*For those on here who don't attend games, I could always email you a picture of PW drinking coffee, in lieu of the main prize). 

GO...

I know what curiosity did to the cat, but I'm curious as to what the purpose of this photo could be for.

I could say take a photo, open it in photoshop and write the date, time, location, a load of nonsense, none of which is true, save and send it to wherever you want this photo to go to.

The only way to prove it was accurate data, is swipe up on the photo (or press i), reveal the metadata and take a screenshot and send that.

Even then you could change the data without too much effort.

IMG_4044 2.PNG

1 minute ago, David said:

I know what curiosity did to the cat, but I'm curious as to what the purpose of this photo could be for.

I could say take a photo, open it in photoshop and write the date, time, location, a load of nonsense, none of which is true, save and send it to wherever you want this photo to go to.

The only way to prove it was accurate data, is swipe up on the photo (or press i), reveal the metadata and take a screenshot and send that.

Even then you could change the data without too much effort.

IMG_4044 2.PNG

Cheers boss.

Yeah I learned that last bit within the past few hours!  🍻

For your curiosity... If word on the street is to be believed... Some sort of foolproof/unquestionable/untamperable* data is soon going to be required by certain agents within the building trade, to save them getting off their fat arses and actually visiting building sites etc to check for themselves that all is being installed as it should.
Such photo's are soon to be demanded (allegedly), to offer step-by-step proof relating to building regs/Energy Assessments/SBEM's etc, in order for said fat arses to sign off new buildings.  (Without such a sign off, the paying customer/building owner would effectively be the proud owner of a white elephant that cannot be used for purpose, nor be insured!).

In essence, it's building inspectors/Energy Assessors getting the building contractor to do their work for them!  🙄

I'm just trying to get a teeny-weeny head start, so I'm ready for the bamfords!  
A quick initial-Google earlier suggests there are apps to add time & date stamps, but not found anything that includes an accurate geo-location thingy.
Early days yet, mind!

*I'm guessing a text-box full of made-up guff neatly placed in the corner isn't going to cut it, with these guys!  They're only one floor below the HSE, nowadays!  👀  

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Cheers boss.

Yeah I learned that last bit within the past few hours!  🍻

For your curiosity... If word on the street is to be believed... Some sort of foolproof/unquestionable/untamperable* data is soon going to be required by certain agents within the building trade, to save them getting off their fat arses and actually visiting building sites etc to check for themselves that all is being installed as it should.
Such photo's are soon to be demanded (allegedly), to offer step-by-step proof relating to building regs/Energy Assessments/SBEM's etc, in order for said fat arses to sign off new buildings.  (Without such a sign off, the paying customer/building owner would effectively be the proud owner of a white elephant that cannot be used for purpose, nor be insured!).

In essence, it's building inspectors/Energy Assessors getting the building contractor to do their work for them!  🙄

I'm just trying to get a teeny-weeny head start, so I'm ready for the bamfords!  
A quick initial-Google earlier suggests there are apps to add time & date stamps, but not found anything that includes an accurate geo-location thingy.
Early days yet, mind!

*I'm guessing a text-box full of made-up guff neatly placed in the corner isn't going to cut it, with these guys!  They're only one floor below the HSE, nowadays!  👀  

I don't think there is any tamper proof ways currently, so not sure how they will enforce that. 

Even traditional cameras you can edit the time and date easy enough. 

Best advice I could give you would be to tell them, this sounds like a you problem, not a me problem. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

I don't think there is any tamper proof ways currently, so not sure how they will enforce that. 

Even traditional cameras you can edit the time and date easy enough. 

Best advice I could give you would be to tell them, this sounds like a you problem, not a me problem. 

My thoughts exactly!

I guess if and when this kicks in, the relevant authorities will list "recommended/acceptable apps/formats" to give them what they want.

I'm very tempted to forget all about this until such time as we get pulled up for not complying... Hopefully I'll be retired by then anyways!  🤣

9 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

My thoughts exactly!

I guess if and when this kicks in, the relevant authorities will list "recommended/acceptable apps/formats" to give them what they want.

I'm very tempted to forget all about this until such time as we get pulled up for not complying... Hopefully I'll be retired by then anyways!  🤣

Boycie will be on soon to tell you to switch it off and on again.

Hope this helps.

On 19/10/2023 at 14:17, Mucker1884 said:

My thoughts exactly!

I absolutely guarantee you if they bring this in, they won’t have the faintest idea how corruptible their new system is. They won’t have thought of apps that will actually achieve the goal. They’ll just put some bs hoop for you to junk through, and they won’t really care how it’s achieved. So just type the location on, from the editor in your phone.