Bueno to Wigan?

Day

DERBY County have dismissed a report saying Wigan Athletic could sign Spaniard Alberto Bueno in the January transfer window.

According to an article in a national newspaper, Wigan's chief scout Kevin Reeves has watched the 22-year-old who has made a big impact since joining the Rams from Real Valladolid.

Wigan are said to be keen on Bueno and it is being suggested that they could snatch him from under Derby's nose.

But Derby have hit back and said the player is going nowhere.

Bueno is on a season-long loan and there is no January release clause in the deal.

"Alberto has signed on a season-long loan for us – that is the agreement," said manager Nigel Clough.

"He is here for the season."

Bueno has scored three goals in seven starts and the Rams are unbeaten in their last six matches.

He has become a crowd favourite.

"Alberto is instrumental to the way we are playing," said Clough.

"He has to have other people around him who can play as well, and we have got that with Kris Commons, James Bailey, Tomasz Cywka and Paul Green.

"There are good players around him."

Wigan could talk to Valladolid about the player but nothing can happen before next summer.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can anyone speak spanish? someone needs to go infiltrate a Valladolid forum and see what they think of him, just for interest

And while their there tell them he's crap.

We'll give you £250,000 for him. Ok, £300,000 because the rest of our team is having a good season. But remember we're doing you a favour here. He's not even as good as a player we once had called Claude Davis.

THAT'S how I negotiate.

Send me. My Spanish ain't bad either.

Bonjour Valladolid, ca oui av Bueno fore anuva sesson plees. Juan-cue very muchos.

Sorted.

Archived