Would Varney Fit In?

Donny Ram

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Given the change in formation, does anyone think Varney could fit in as the front man and would you like to see him given another chance?

My opinion is I would give him another chance.

No, his wages are far too high for him to be an option here.

If not for that, i'd give him a chance. Although I don't rate him.

Lol Alex - a kind of on the fence answer - but not. :confused:

I don't rate him that much myself, i've always thought he was poor, but for other clubs hes been alright.

Therefore, i'd probably give him a go, but his wages are so high that we can't entertain keeping him.

Better? :cool:

I don't rate him that much myself, i've always thought he was poor, but for other clubs hes been alright.

Therefore, i'd probably give him a go, but his wages are so high that we can't entertain keeping him.

Better? :cool:

If we are in the Top 6 at Christmas, with a chance of going up, wouldn't it make sense to bring him back and ask the Yankie to invest in the prospect of promotion? I can see him playing on the right or, up top.

Have I missed something? Has the club come out and said we are selling as we can't afford his wages?

I have this other theory, I might be miles off here but maybe just maybe Clough didn't rate him.

Happens all the time in football, new managers come in and take an instant dislike to a player. Some managers even sign a player then take a dislike to them.

Given the change in formation, does anyone think Varney could fit in as the front man and would you like to see him given another chance?

My opinion is I would give him another chance.

No way, with our current formation a centre forward who can hold the ball up properly is essential as Kuqi is proving. In my opinion that is Varney's weakest attribute. Sell him!

its like any working environment ( alien to you scrounging students).

Do you wish to point out the "scrounging students" you are referring to in this thread? Seems to me your on a mission to make yourself look a tit today and it's working.

Have I missed something? Has the club come out and said we are selling as we can't afford his wages?

I have this other theory, I might be miles off here but maybe just maybe Clough didn't rate him.

Happens all the time in football, new managers come in and take an instant dislike to a player. Some managers even sign a player then take a dislike to them.

Nigel did say in an interview last week he would of like to have kept Varney as an 'option' but couldn't because of his wages.

If we are in the Top 6 at Christmas, with a chance of going up, wouldn't it make sense to bring him back and ask the Yankie to invest in the prospect of promotion? I can see him playing on the right or, up top.

If we're in the top 6 at Christmas, that'll mean that NLN is doing a good job and you'll have to change your userid - again.

Sent from my laptop using my dick

If we're in the top 6 at Christmas, that'll mean that NLN is doing a good job and you'll have to change your userid - again.

Sent from my laptop using my dick

snort status that one you owd windbag..........................:D

(hope its not a shared one...............:eek:)

Archived