Would Varney Fit In?

Donny Ram

Nigel did say in an interview last week he would of like to have kept Varney as an 'option' but couldn't because of his wages.

An article, to which I don't have the link at present, stated that several clubs were now tracking the on-loan Derby striker Luke Varney following his impressive run of form at Blackpool. Blackpool have a £500k purchase clause in Varney's loan agreement but it is not an exclusive rights clause. The article was in the Daily Mirror but I'm struggling to find a link to it at the moment.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we're in the top 6 at Christmas, that'll mean that NLN is doing a good job and you'll have to change your userid - again.

Sent from my laptop using my dick

It's increasingly clear to me that the architect behind recent improvements is Metgod and N-L Nigel is just a bit part player.

watching him now i cant hep but feel backpool play a simiar style to us, so i reckon he could, i maintain he coud and would do a job for us

but financialy he is a luxury you cant really afford in the championship

and agree with you about metgod. ended up sitting behind the dugout yesterday and think he is the driving force behind the team, with nige being the face of the managemen squad

Sometimes partnerships can work in football management.

I vaguely remember us having a pair who worked well together many years ago.

Smith and McLaren they were called. Oh yeah, there was another pair before that as well, there names escape me just now.

If only there was a statue or summat to remind me..............

Archived