Paul Simpson my dad

simmoram1995

Hi folks, just wanted to post today as it’s a very special day for my family. My dad Paul Simpson retires today from teaching after a 43 year career. He taught at Bemrose School, South East Derbyshire college, Alderwasly Hall and then the Roundhouse. I’m unsure but I think being a local teacher I thought some of you might have heard of him or even had relatives taught by him. 

He also happens to be a very vocal person in the North Stand having started following the rams since 1980 when he moved from Bradford. 

I organised a series of surprises for him including a signed card from the players , a video message from Paul Warne and the article below. 

I wouldn’t normally post this but he’s a huge ram and the backlash teachers get for striking he has remained in the profession for 43 years even after suffering a near catastrophic Subarachnoid haemorrhage.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/derby-teacher-who-didnt-brain-8570319

Ive got massive respect for anyone who manages to teach for that long. Given the tales my kids tell me about what goes on at their secondary school id rather work in a prison!

A mate has just retired from teaching after 23 years through ill health/stress/depression. his first day working with us was a real eye opener: "people I support are actually nice to me here"

well done Simmo!

15 minutes ago, swanny said:

Ive got massive respect for anyone who manages to teach for that long. Given the tales my kids tell me about what goes on at their secondary school id rather work in a prison!

A mate has just retired from teaching after 23 years through ill health/stress/depression. his first day working with us was a real eye opener: "people I support are actually nice to me here"

well done Simmo!

Thank you, the biggest thing was after his brain haemorrhage, having to get the respect of his students and staff again.  But teaching autistic students they were blunt , swore and were very black and white rather than tip toeing around the subject which he really embraced!

Sometimes at the match it can be a problem with the lack of filter but having the opportunity to go with him to watch the rams outweighs the occasional nudge by me or head in my hands! 😂

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Bit of a change in direction going from schools to Carlisle ain’t it?

Haha 😂 who said men couldn’t multitask playing professional football, coaching the England youth team and managing Carlisle all the while controlling class behaviour and setting homework 😂