Happy First Re-Birthday Everyone

ram59

Today marks our first re-birthday, this time last year was one of those days we will remember what we were doing at the moment we found out that our club was saved. Personally, I was sitting in a friend's house in Scotland with beautiful views of Ben Nevis, I was constantly, probably rudely, refreshing my phone for news. When it broke, tears welled up in my eyes and I struggled to inform those around me of the what had happened. It was a highly emotional moment, which as a 63 year old bloke, I felt slightly embarrassed about. It brought home what this club meant to me and what clubs mean to football fans the world over.

Let's hope that this situation never arises again at Derby, unlike the situation at Wigan, where such a short time after they too went so close to oblivion, seems to be in dire straights once more.

It's great and probably sad, that we're back to the normal situation of moaning about transfers and playing styles, in such a short time.

Wigan. They've had some poor luck. Lost in a game of poker. New owner put them straight into admin. Sold the club quickly and the next owner put nowt in, failed to pay wages etc......  They start the season on -8 with, quite possibly, more to come.

Reading FC. Madejski had them covered. He sold up and they've gone down the pan since. Now they have a winding up order served by HMRC which could see them disappear.

Add to the mix our close shaves with the fake Saudi, the dodgy Dago and the charlatan Yank and it seems the EFL "fit and proper test" isn't "fit and proper" for its purpose.

The EFL took no blame for Bury, or for us, or for Wigan or for Reading or for Bolton or any of the others who have gone before. The one constant in this litany of fit and proper test failures is the EFL and nothing is happening to them. Nobody taking them to task or to court. Nobody internally at the EFL, it seems, who is pushing hard to get the test improved. Unbelievable Jeff...

13 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Wigan. They've had some poor luck. Lost in a game of poker. New owner put them straight into admin. Sold the club quickly and the next owner put nowt in, failed to pay wages etc......  They start the season on -8 with, quite possibly, more to come.

Reading FC. Madejski had them covered. He sold up and they've gone down the pan since. Now they have a winding up order served by HMRC which could see them disappear.

Add to the mix our close shaves with the fake Saudi, the dodgy Dago and the charlatan Yank and it seems the EFL "fit and proper test" isn't "fit and proper" for its purpose.

The EFL took no blame for Bury, or for us, or for Wigan or for Reading or for Bolton or any of the others who have gone before. The one constant in this litany of fit and proper test failures is the EFL and nothing is happening to them. Nobody taking them to task or to court. Nobody internally at the EFL, it seems, who is pushing hard to get the test improved. Unbelievable Jeff...

That's why we need an independent regulator. And parliament are pushing it through quickly (well, as quickly as anything ever happens at that level.)

This from yesterday...

Anyway, this is not the thread for that debate.

Happy re-birthday, Rams fans! 🐏