Commons about Bueno in DET

Barman

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Standard interview and answers during an international break, DET reporters are sat twiddling their thumbs so they go down Moor Farm and ask a few questions.

I prefer players to do the talking on the pitch starting against Preston next week.

Standard interview and answers during an international break, DET reporters are sat twiddling their thumbs so they go down Moor Farm and ask a few questions.

I prefer players to do the talking on the pitch starting against Preston next week.

Speaking of which, Savage has quietened down a lot after his whole book release hype.

Does anyone think we have got a chance of keeping Kinda Bueno?

Personally I dont think he will be here next year that isnt me being negative I think thats me being realistic...

Is this a veiled dig at our owners

Liverpool's brilliant fans look to have got what they wanted with Tom Hicks and George Gillett about to depart, but I can understand why the celebrations on Merseyside have been muted.

I can't stand baseball but enthusiasts like my Derby gaffer Nigel Clough will tell you John W Henry has done brilliantly for the Boston Red Sox.

Yet the Glazer family had won the Super Bowl with Tampa Bay before coming to Manchester United, so success over there doesn't necessarily translate to good things over here. I wonder if any American owner will really 'get' our football.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/robbie-savage/Robbie-Savage-column-Liverpool-need-so-much-more-than-new-owner-John-W-Henry-plus-Stephen-Bywater-s-art-installation-is-removed-and-why-Kevin-Davies-England-career-may-be-short-lived-under-Fabio-Capello-article596023.html#ixzz11mS5ixIn

I'm sorry davenport it wasn't a "veiled dig" it was an opinion based on:

1.I think his parent club would want a fee over 1 million I dont think Nige would want to pay that sort of money on a player who is not yet up to speed with the champ

2. His parent club are in the second division are they not? they may get promoted and want to keep him who knows?

3. At the moment he cant speak English maybe a Betis or Deportivo will come in for him and for ayoung spannish lad I think i might know what he will choose.

I'm sorry davenport it wasn't a "veiled dig" it was an opinion based on:

1.I think his parent club would want a fee over 1 million I dont think Nige would want to pay that sort of money on a player who is not yet up to speed with the champ

2. His parent club are in the second division are they not? they may get promoted and want to keep him who knows?

3. At the moment he cant speak English maybe a Betis or Deportivo will come in for him and for ayoung spannish lad I think i might know what he will choose.

I didn't mean you I meant what savage had written but the quotes got confused will fix it now .

Savage wrote :

Liverpool's brilliant fans look to have got what they wanted with Tom Hicks and George Gillett about to depart, but I can understand why the celebrations on Merseyside have been muted.

I can't stand baseball but enthusiasts like my Derby gaffer Nigel Clough will tell you John W Henry has done brilliantly for the Boston Red Sox.

Yet the Glazer family had won the Super Bowl with Tampa Bay before coming to Manchester United, so success over there doesn't necessarily translate to good things over here. I wonder if any American owner will really 'get' our football.

I couldnt edit my rpecious post to show it was Savage's comments I was referring to.

I've seen worse from the DET. Commons seems relatively articulate comapred to "the lad done good" sort of stuff we get from Barker and Bywater.

Can't see us getting Bueno unfortunately; as long as he's in contract I'd see him costing several Shaun Barkers.

I've seen worse from the DET. Commons seems relatively articulate comapred to "the lad done good" sort of stuff we get from Barker and Bywater.

To be fair Bywater has tried to make interviews more interesting, though not always with great results - remember 'get your rat out', Peschi interview and the Goals on Sunday furore :)

Archived