Our Nige vs Post Our Nige

cannable

Felt a bit excluded by the Smith vs Cox thread as I’m too young but realised my generation’s equivalent would be Billy vs McClaren who last less than two seasons each!

So the Clough signings as opposed to the signings after seems a decent shout.

Clough;

Grant; Brayford, Keogh, Buxton, Fozzy; Coutts; Hughes, Bryson; Russell, Martin, Ward

Post Clough;

Carson; Christie, Davies, Cashin, Malone; Thorne, Bird; Ince, Vydra, NML; Didzy

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Felt a bit excluded by the Smith vs Cox thread as I’m too young but realised my generation’s equivalent would be Billy vs McClaren who last less than two seasons each!

So the Clough signings as opposed to the signings after seems a decent shout.

Clough;

Grant; Brayford, Keogh, Buxton, Fozzy; Coutts; Hughes, Bryson; Russell, Martin, Ward

Post Clough;

Carson; Christie, Davies, Cashin, Malone; Thorne, Bird; Ince, Vydra, NML; Didzy

Clough signed Bird as an 8 year old 

No Hendrick ?

Edited by sage

5 hours ago, roboto said:

Scott Malone as the best left-back since Clough? I know people turned on the lad after the way he left, but Buchanan was much better for us than Malone ever was.

I'd also choose Byrne or Bogle over Christie at RB.

Honestly, can’t say I was ever having Buchanan. Thought he picked up in his last season but thought he was dog before.

Which, if you take into account Clough had Lowe in matchday squads, leaves you Olsson or Malone as potential LBs.

Christie had peaks and troughs, he was immense in his first three months and his second season. 

Bogle had an amazing second half of his first season and the odd moment either side. Byrne was probably the steadiest and an amazing crosser. Perhaps his departure tainted my opinion.