FA could take McClaren back

Day

Michel, I feel that this is a landmark occasion. We seem to broadly agree! :D

Only thing I would contend with is the notion of waiting until we've got the right English coaches/managers before we make one of them the England boss. If appointing any boss, of whatever nationality, means winning the World Cup or the European Championship but delays or prevents the necessary changes to the English game, then I don't want him and I don't want the win. We should be able to grow our own top class players, and we should be able to grow our own top class managers and coaches. It's not xenophobic, it's investing in our own talent for the long term future of the game in this country. Too many decision are made for short term gain with no long term view.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michel, I feel that this is a landmark occasion. We seem to broadly agree! :D

Only thing I would contend with is the notion of waiting until we've got the right English coaches/managers before we make one of them the England boss. If appointing any boss, of whatever nationality, means winning the World Cup or the European Championship but delays or prevents the necessary changes to the English game, then I don't want him and I don't want the win. We should be able to grow our own top class players, and we should be able to grow our own top class managers and coaches. It's not xenophobic, it's investing in our own talent for the long term future of the game in this country. Too many decision are made for short term gain with no long term view.

You see, I'm not all bad....glad we agree on something...once..

i like what you are saying about the coaching etc, but we can't just dismiss the current England team and plan for the future, we have to do both. The next England manager, wherever he, or she comes from, needs to be fully aware and commited to the changes that are required for the long term success.

The club managers also need to be told that the most important team in England is not Manchester United or Chelsea or Liverpool or Accrington Stanley, the most important team in England is England.

Dismiss the current team - no. Correctly manage expectations by admitting the shortcomings of the current setup and laying out the plan for the future with measureable and realistic targets - yes. However, the bit about "admitting the shortcomings of the current setup" means that I have no confidence that any of it will ever happen. People in authority never say, "We got it wrong". Look how long it's taking to get the national centre at Burton up and running. Absolute joke....:mad:

Dismiss the current team - no. Correctly manage expectations by admitting the shortcomings of the current setup and laying out the plan for the future with measureable and realistic targets - yes. However, the bit about "admitting the shortcomings of the current setup" means that I have no confidence that any of it will ever happen. People in authority never say, "We got it wrong". Look how long it's taking to get the national centre at Burton up and running. Absolute joke....:mad:

No doubt about it, they are miles and miles away from admitting the shortcomings and their own personal failings.

I admire what Trevor Brooking is"trying"to do but he has his hands tied behind his back by all the red tape that has forever surrounded the FA.

Trevor Brooking just spouts from the FA manual.His "views" on kids football is ridiculous.

The FA needs to be completely re-structured.

Have you actually ever LISTENENED to Trevor Brooking..? Obviously not because the last thing he does is "spout the FA handbook" he is trying to improve the game, he is trying to make us succesful, he is trying to get rid of the FA Handbook....he is the one who is pushing for the national centre in Burton.

thats your opinion and your entitled to it,

a few years ago the carling cup, and the f a cup were paramount for every english club, now that the mass influx of overseas players have landed, our heritage suffers for it,

cap the overseas players to 4 a side , cap the wages ,at least that way the prima donna,s can fook off and sulk in another country,

remember the italian league a few years ago? enough said!

thats your opinion and your entitled to it,

a few years ago the carling cup, and the f a cup were paramount for every english club, now that the mass influx of overseas players have landed, our heritage suffers for it,

cap the overseas players to 4 a side , cap the wages ,at least that way the prima donna,s can fook off and sulk in another country,

remember the italian league a few years ago? enough said!

Firstly...the reason the Carling cup has suffered is because all the big clubs are interested in is the chumpions league and there is no place in Europe for winning it....

Secondly...the decline of the FA Cup started because Alex Ferguson decided to opt out of it one year to take Manchester United to play in some money spinning competetion.

Thirdly....With the Euoropean laws surroundign free movement of employment it is illegal to cap the number of foreign players

Fourthly....No one would ever agree to a wage cap, the players have all the power

and finally, yes I do remember the Italian league a few years ago, when it was by far and away the best league in the world, with AC steam rolling everyone and all the best players in the world playing over there, and also with Italy getting to the final of the World Cup and also winning anothher one....with Baresi and Maldini and Costacurta and Gazza and Baggio and Albertini and Donnadoni and Del Piero and Weah and and and and all playing over there, it was absolutely terrible..!!!!

No one would ever agree to a wage cap, the players have all the power

wrong !the paying public have all the power!

if and i repeat if people actually boycotted the game , then no more prima donna,s no more fat agent fees no over inflated ticket prices,

it would be a more stuctured event where the whole familly could go and be entertained,

as i doubt this will ever happen it seems like we are stuck with having just the so callled super clubs of the world and every other club will be feeders for them.

its no longer about football ,which imo is a crying shame, its about making the fat cats richer,forgive me if my opinions dont match yours but were all entitled to our own, and no man will make me change mine.

Whilst we can't legislate to cap the number of foreign players, the 50% top rate tax bracket will likely have the effect of slowing down the arrival of average players from abroad. But that will only be temporary, and will mean that the big clubs will still afford to pay for imports.

No one would ever agree to a wage cap, the players have all the power

wrong !the paying public have all the power!

if and i repeat if people actually boycotted the game , then no more prima donna,s no more fat agent fees no over inflated ticket prices,

it would be a more stuctured event where the whole familly could go and be entertained,

as i doubt this will ever happen it seems like we are stuck with having just the so callled super clubs of the world and every other club will be feeders for them.

its no longer about football ,which imo is a crying shame, its about making the fat cats richer,forgive me if my opinions dont match yours but were all entitled to our own, and no man will make me change mine.

The paying public have no power at all with regards to the wages, and to suggest that anyone would ever boycott the games because of the wages is ludicrous...it just would never happen.

And the one thing you are right on, it is now just all about the money, it's all the players are interested in, it's all the managers are interested in, it's all the shareholders are interested in, it's all the directors are interested in and it's all the chairman is interested in.

The paying public have no power at all with regards to the wages, and to suggest that anyone would ever boycott the games because of the wages is ludicrous...

IF you read carefully the word IF is there to be read,

also IF(HYPERTHECTICAL) supporters turned thier backs who would pay the wages , who would actually buy the merchandise, no company would buy into a game that does not have a public audience and $ to be earnt

therefore in summary no public support =no football,

so the public hold all the cards , its just a case of IF they ever play them

as for ludicrous well thats your opinion!

The paying public have no power at all with regards to the wages, and to suggest that anyone would ever boycott the games because of the wages is ludicrous...

IF you read carefully the word IF is there to be read,

also IF(HYPERTHECTICAL) supporters turned thier backs who would pay the wages , who would actually buy the merchandise, no company would buy into a game that does not have a public audience and $ to be earnt

therefore in summary no public support =no football,

so the public hold all the cards , its just a case of IF they ever play them

as for ludicrous well thats your opinion!

IF we bought Drogba we would get promoted

IF we extended the ground by 50,000 we would fill it

IF my Uncle was a woman he would be my aunt...

pointelss arguments, because it will never happen....

if we bought drogba we would get promoted

if we extended the ground by 50,000 we would fill it

if my uncle was a woman he would be my aunt...

Pointelss arguments, because it will never happen....

my statement is factual, no public support = no interest from buyers

if we bought droga we would get promoted that is your opinion and its ludicrous.

my statement is factual, no public support = no interest from buyers

if we bought droga we would get promoted that is your opinion and its ludicrous.

it is completely pointless, because like us buying Drogba...it WILL NEVER HAPPEN....therefore it is completely pointless....no factual element in it at all

it is completely pointless, because like us buying Drogba...it WILL NEVER HAPPEN....therefore it is completely pointless....no factual element in it at all

sorry

but i am right with my statement AND you are wrong with yours

ps is this site now the det?

sorry

but i am right with my statement AND you are wrong with yours

ps is this site now the det?

Ok, if you are right with your statement then I am ALSO right with this statement....

If we merged with Chelsea then we would be the best team in the league.

Complete rubbish...because just like your statement...it will NEVER happen..

Archived