Derby Book Fest Event | In Conversation with Graham Richards and Colin Gibson

HuddersRam

Hey all,

As some might know, I've put together a couple of books about Derby in the past couple of years, in Pride and Groundwork. Okay, that's the awkward bit out the way.

Just piping up as it might be of interest to some, Derby Book Festival are running a series of talks over the course of this month, and a bit alarmingly they've asked me to do one. But essentially, I wanted to make it more interesting to Derby fans and so I'm pretty excited to say that I've got a couple of very prestigious guests to join me up on stage.

Commentary titan Graham Richards will be making what I think is his first live Q&A appearance since his BBC Radio Derby days, alongside another Derby media giant in the form of Colin Gibson. It should be a really nice nostalgia trip of an evening, going primarily through the Jim Smith years but also delving back to Graham and Colin's time under, well, an absolute host of managers through the years. Had a chat with Graham last week on it, and he's still in absolute top form. There may also be a couple of surprise guests as well from life on the BBG pitch, but I'm just waiting to confirm on those. 

In case it's of interest, tickets and info about the evening on 30th November can be found: bit.ly/3UdV76h.

There'll also be a few of the aforementioned books around as well to buy/steal (there won't be security on the doors tbf), so you can probably get Graham to sign them and give them out as Christmas presents. There's also free parking. Might also be beer as well. Have I sold it yet? Any questions just let me know, but hopefully it should be a good evening!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, apologies for the repetition but just giving this one a nudge in case it's of interest to anybody!

It's the first and only real event Graham Richards has done since his BBC Derby days came to an end 20 years ago, and alongside Colin Gibson we'll reminisce through a lot of the Bald Eagle years whilst I very quietly intertwine it all to the Groundwork book I worked on (it is for Derby Book Fest after all, so I need to make it book-y for a minute or two)

If it is of interest to a few of you, would be amazing to see some of you down there. ?

https://www.derbybookfestival.co.uk/events/ryan-hills-groundwork-the-inside-story-behind-jim-smiths-derby-county