Craig Mackail-Smith - Peterborough United

Day

PETERBOROUGH hitman Craig Mackail-Smith is wanted by Derby County boss Nigel Clough.

Clough is ready to spend the cash from the sale of Rob Hulse to QPR and wants to take the Posh favourite on loan with a view to a permanent switch.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2010/09/26/derby-boss-nigel-clough-in-hunt-for-craig-mackail-smith-102039-22587447/

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PETERBOROUGH hitman Craig Mackail-Smith is wanted by Derby County boss Nigel Clough.

Clough is ready to spend the cash from the sale of Rob Hulse to QPR and wants to take the Posh favourite on loan with a view to a permanent switch.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2010/09/26/derby-boss-nigel-clough-in-hunt-for-craig-mackail-smith-102039-22587447/

He and Boyd should have been transfer targets for us! The scouting network needs to extend beyond Burton.

He and Boyd should have been transfer targets for us! The scouting network needs to extend beyond Burton.

Quite like the lad, and Boyd... but aren't they both attacking midfield/deep forward type players?

Commons, Bueno, Cywka, Green, Pearson, Davies... are we not ok here?

• 7 months later...

Another one that appears to be nearing a move elsewhere - not that it would seem that he was ever a realistic option for us. Apparently Posh have accepted an offer from a Prem club. Everton, Wigan, QPR and Norwich all rumored to be in the mix to get him.

A couple of the old comments on this thread going back to the start of the season made me chuckle - oh the joy of 20:20 hindsight!

He were never ccomin anyway, and he was ***** last time he was in the championship.

Dunna sulk about missing out on nothing

he was hardly '*****' 11 goals in a very poor side relegated side isnt bad and 35 this season, hes a top striker, works hard , runs the channels, doesnt give the defender a chance to rest.

Feel sorry for Norwich - Vaughan and Mackail-Smith probably isn't the partnership to keep them up. They'd be better off sticking with Jackson and Holt.

If Vaughan stays fit and gets a run in the team I think he could become a very good player, we didn't see the best of him here and I will be pleased if he does reach his potential. If so he won't be at Norwich come January, never mind next summer- although I think the team will struggle he is capable of landing a contract with an established prem side.

Archived