MotoGP

Gaspode

4 hours ago, Archied said:

I struggle to watch now , I used to do regular track days and loved motto gp but again I struggled a bit to watch after Simoncelli was killed , your just so used to seeing them come off and be ok it stupidly shocked me when he was killed 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hopefully the TT goes without casualties this year.

Yes, they are only doing because they want to, and are all aware of the risk...but it is a huge risk to put your life that much danger. If there's no risk, there's no thrill. Is it worth it? You have to let the individual decide. It's one of the reasons I'm glad the TT essentially remains an amateur form of racing (despite its high profile).

9 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Hopefully the TT goes without casualties this year.

Yes, they are only doing because they want to, and are all aware of the risk...but it is a huge risk to put your life that much danger. If there's no risk, there's no thrill. Is it worth it? You have to let the individual decide. It's one of the reasons I'm glad the TT essentially remains an amateur form of racing (despite its high profile).

Winner of the 'blue ribbon' Senior race at the TT will pocket approx. £20,000 prize money if they are leading at the end of every lap, (last year it was £18,000). Thats 6 laps, (226 miles), at an average speed of about 135mph!

A qualifier at Wimbledon this summer who could possibly never return one single serve and get beat 6-0, 6-0, will 'win' £50,000!

Edited by Grumpy Git