Phil Brown: 'I want to manage England'

Day

Phil Brown has set his sights on becoming England manager.

The former Hull boss may be out of work at the moment, but that has not diminished his desire to reach the very top.

The Football Association have suggested recently that Fabio Capello's successor will be an Englishman, and Brown will not be shy in putting his name forward for consideration.

Brown told The Gillette Red Card Event in London: "I’d love to manage England one day. It's a personal ambition I’ve always had.

"Even at 35, in my first press conference at Blackpool, I was asked where I hoped this would take me and I said 'managing England one day'. There were a few titters in the audience, as there to tends to be, because people get frightened of ambition.

"But I want to manage England and, with that kind of ambition, whether you achieve it or not, it will get you somewhere else in life and invariably that will be up the ladder."

And Brown insists he cannot understand players like Paul Robinson and Wes Brown who recently turned their back on England.

He added: "For me to hear international players turn down the chance to represent their country saddens me."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/7865/exclusive-brown-i-want-manage-england

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've met him, he's a really nice bloke and deserves every success, was unlucky at derby to come in at a time when everything was knackered and did relativley well at hull. Unfortunatly he isn't going to become england manager, however the title is a bit misleading he said he would love to manage england, all he's doing is speaking what surley every football manager in england would want/aspire to do.

i've met him, he's a really nice bloke and deserves every success, was unlucky at derby to come in at a time when everything was knackered and did relativley well at hull. Unfortunatly he isn't going to become england manager, however the title is a bit misleading he said he would love to manage england, all he's doing is speaking what surley every football manager in england would want/aspire to do.

I've met him aswell, nice guy like u say, doesn't make him a good manager tho, but agreed his was the wrong man at the wrong time at derby. Just seem to do something to fook it up

yeah, i think the jury is out if he is any good or not, becasue he came in at derby when the club could ahve gone under, and at hull got them promoted which was a miracle, then just kept them up which was another miracle and then it just went wrong. Excellent guy though and i hope he does well.

Never criticize ambition, i like people who think positive and go for what they want and know what they want.

Good luck to him, could not do any worse than the recent england managers which have and are being paid extortionate amounts of money.

Archived