World of crypto

NottsRam77

22 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Fair enough. I just read your original response as CGT being an explanation as to why you thought the building society were asking if the money was coming from Bitcoin.

I know a bit about banks and building societies having worked for well over 30 years in financial services (banking in particular) 😀. As you'll know, they are obliged because of various legislation (including Common Reporting Standard, AML and KYC) to gather a great deal of information from new customers. It's not a case of the banks being unnecessarily awkward or nosey.

Totally respect that 🙌

25 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

and so it begins 

As iv been saying the worlds broke.

Only two answers im aware of is borrow more … becoming less of an option

or try and inflated the debt away

both options aren't good news for the rest of us. 

In the interest of balance, Bitcoin has dropped more than the Nasdaq today hasn't it?

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

In the interest of balance, Bitcoin has dropped more than the Nasdaq today hasn't it?

Buy the dip 😉lol

embrace the joy of short term volatility 

Am hoping this cycle proves to be a lucrative one 🤞🤞

i have a trading bot designed to catch upward movements and when we tank like this spare USD ready to buy those dips

heres hoping anyway 

either way im doing all i can to stack as much of the stuff as i can afford, without feeling over exposed 

Edited by NottsRam77

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cstand said:

Gold near its ATH. Plus only dropped 0.06% compared to the rest.

Bitcoin down 25% from its ATH.

image.thumb.png.2f380ff9dcfc1d06118eb22b546a13a0.png

Which is why i bought more this morning at 51k 🥳🥳

not pasinng up an opportunity like this. 

i embrace volatility, cos i have a long term strategy, everything else is just noise and opportunities to stack more

as weve dicussed many a time… time frames dear sir, time frames 

Edited by NottsRam77

34 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Which is why i bought more this morning at 51k 🥳🥳

not pasinng up an opportunity like this. 

i embrace volatility, cos i have a long term strategy, everything else is just noise and opportunities to stack more

as weve dicussed many a time… time frames dear sir, time frames 

Yes time frames are important.

Good luck with a store of value investment that can drop -17% in one day.😳

Edited by cstand

5 hours ago, cstand said:

Good job i reassess my net wealth annually and not daily then isnt it 🙌

if i was looking at it daily thats not investing .. thats trading

totally different ball game 

5 hours ago, cstand said:

I bought my first two BTC for just over £17k four years back. I've been trading the dips ever since, using nearly all of the profits garnered to increase my holding further. As of this morning, I own 6.129 BTC. They've cost me a net £11k and change. 

Don't concern yourself unduly with us 'crypto bros' or how we choose to build our nut. We'll do OK as most of us fully grasp the difference between trading and investing, even if you don't 😉

16 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

I bought my first two BTC for just over £17k four years back. I've been trading the dips ever since, using nearly all of the profits garnered to increase my holding further. As of this morning, I own 6.129 BTC. They've cost me a net £11k and change. 

Don't concern yourself unduly with us 'crypto bros' or how we choose to build our nut. We'll do OK as most of us fully grasp the difference between trading and investing, even if you don't 😉

I have no concern about people investing in Bitcoin if they understand the risks.

It’s people who might be tempted with the lure of gains based upon the promotion of it being a store of value and can only go up in value when it’s a volatile asset.

10 minutes ago, cstand said:

I have no concern about people investing in Bitcoin if they understand the risks.

It’s people who might be tempted with the lure of gains based upon the promotion of it being a store of value and can only go up in value when it’s a volatile asset.

Are you equally concerned for those who bought Tesla stock at $440?

25 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Are you equally concerned for those who bought Tesla stock at $440?

Tesla stock 2021 could only be bought on a regulated market.

Bitcoin 2021 could only be bought on an unregulated market.

So they are different investments.

These guys do not invest in Bitcoin because of it’s unpredictably.

Apologies cannot find the correct link did have it on my email.

Edited by cstand

5 minutes ago, cstand said:

Tesla stock 2021 could only be bought on a regulated market.

Bitcoin 2021 could only be bought on an unregulated market.

So what?

Did the regulatory controls prevent Tesla stock losing more than half it's value and failing to recover any of it in the 3 years since? 

35 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

So what?

Did the regulatory controls prevent Tesla stock losing more than half its value and failing to recover any of it in the 3 years since? 

As you already stated you trade Bitcoin for profit, people could trade Tesla and make a profit?

Depends if you are investing long term buying at ATH or trading or investing long term ATL

People who bought Bitcoin at ATH are down 25%

Stolen Bitcoin runs into billions of dollars.

Not sure how many Tesla shares have been stolen.

Edited by cstand

11 minutes ago, cstand said:

As you already stated you trade Bitcoin for profit people could trade Tesla and make a profit?

So Tesla stock is not a 'store of value' either, but simply another trading opportunity.

Excellent. We got there in the end.

14 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

So Tesla stock is not a 'store of value' either, but simply another trading opportunity.

Excellent. We got there in the end.

I never said Tesla was a store of value?

I am not even sure why you brought up Tesla?

Edited by cstand

12 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Thats some going mate 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

10 hours ago, cstand said:

As you already stated you trade Bitcoin for profit, people could trade Tesla and make a profit?

Depends if you are investing long term buying at ATH or trading or investing long term ATL

People who bought Bitcoin at ATH are down 25%

Stolen Bitcoin runs into billions of dollars.

Not sure how many Tesla shares have been stolen.

If u bought btc at the ath what a few months ago and your bricking it only a few months later, u clearly just aped in and didnt do any research 

not you specifically, i mean the royal u , jo public etc etc 🙌

7 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

That said .. if i was trading it id have made a nice tidy 10% in 24 hours 

lol

but im not , so its all irrelevant  

If I was trading one of my 3 helium shares I would have made 20% in 24 hrs unfortunately I am happily retired enjoying  the long summer days out in the countryside/garden doing sweet nothing until autumn then I will start trading again.

If drilling is successful in the next six weeks  it could good rocket higher than one of Musks space rockets with a bit of luck.