Leeds United v Derby County

Day

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Speckled hen, alkaseltzer this morning.

I agree, we do need to pass the ball better from the back, Leacock should have gone back to the goalie if he was starting to panic.

No long aimless balls forward, unless it's a clearance from an attack in the box.

hmm, i thought savage if anyone was the weakest link today, i applaud nigel playing football but we were very vunrable at times because of it, it's about where you play t on the ground and when, at times it is better just to clear it. I was impressed and pleased though, so more of the same really.

Crikey great night last night paying for it today though!

Wheres "Conmans" now Trig? :D:D

lol joe!

last season was last season m8

this season is a different one and everyone deserves a chance to make amends.

for some strange reason ($$$$$) i just think we might see the best out of him this season,

imo if he plays 2/3rds of the season with the impact he has on a game then i think HAPPY DAYS ARE AHEAD!

Tell you what, Commons hardly ever shows alot of emotion on scoring.

Maybe it's because he plays for Derby and is a Manu Fan, I don't know, but, the most I have ever seen him celebrate, was the winner at the City Ground that he scored.

You still can't take a Clough to Leeds without a rumpus or three.

Derby boss Nigel Clough was banned from taking his son on to the pitch before kick-off and then barred from watching the game from the Elland Road directors' box for wearing a tracksuit.

After climbing up the TV gantry to watch the game, Clough, whose father Brian was sacked after 44 days in charge of Leeds 36 years ago, said mischievously: 'From that height you could really appreciate the quality of our passing and all the chances we kept creating.'

Rob Hulse blazed in Derby's first goal after 13 minutes, Luciano Becchio put Leeds level three minutes later but Kris Commons coolly stroked in the winner from the penalty spot in the 27th minute.

Clough added: 'It would be fair to say that I did get extra pleasure from that win because of what happened before the match.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301372/Leeds-United-1-Derby-County-2-Clough-justice-Leeds-lean-Nigel.html#ixzz0w5lCRPmI

Archived