Leeds United v Derby County

Day

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im not getting too carried away just yet

(was only leeds we were playing)

but if we are allowed that much space in midfield to actually pass the ball then i think with probably 4 new experienced players the prospects for this season will be much better than last season.

ive only seen this game (leeds) and the new formation which is still in its infancy stage seems to have had a positive effect on some of the players who underachieved last season.

the board must be happy with the performance today,and hopefully add to the squad to make us a force to be reckoned with in this league.

come on you rams

schemeichal was outstanding for them today young en,

but then again so was commans(god) green , cywka ,hulse .

i do have my doubts about bywater in goal ,i know he,s a good shot stopper but a bit dodgy in my eyes, and as for savages performance today then i agree with daveyboy on everything he,s said about him,

it was his mistake (didnt get the tackle in) which allowed them to score.

everyone can have a bad game ,so lets hope those that did can only get better!

come on you rams.

Thought the 4-2-3-1 suited the players we got, Green, Cywka and Commons was able to express themseleves, a five man midfield quickly turned into a 4 man attack. The new boys impressed, Roberts the best out of the three, Hulse looked intrested.

Just got to cut out the silly mistakes at the back.

One only game tho, so lets not get ahead of ourselves, some people may look at the fact it was Leeds than a team that got promoted from league one last season. But you can you beat the team that is put out in front of you.

I think Leeds will rely massively on Beccio on Saturday having lost Beckford to Everton and Snodgrass to injury. Those 3 were their threat last year scoring 47 out of their 76 league goals between them. It's like taking commons and Hulse out of Derbys team, no creativity, no finisher.

Don't get me wrong I think it will be tight, but if Nigel has got the balls to go there and try and win, I think it could be 3 points for the Rams.

Having said all that... I expect Nigel would be delighted to walk away with 0-0 from every away game this year so I am not going to get that excited.

Looks like I was right!

Fair play to Nigel, I am actually looking forward to some decent football this season! Just got to stop playing the ball out from the back every single time when we clearly aren't good enough to do it.

UTR!

Got to KEEP passing the ball out from the back.

We'll keep hold of the ball rather than lump it up to Hulse/Porter for a 50:50.

It easy to look at Savage for the mistake but Leacock had a pass on into midfield then turned back on himself, Savage was pointing for him to go back to Bywater but he laid a poor pass to Savage the rest is history.

We will give away goals in the short term but this is the way forward and if our current defenders cannot play that way replace them, as playing this type of football with better players is the way to survive in the Premiership which I think we all agree is the medium term goal

i think we have all got to remember that leacock has hardly played any football in the last 2 years and will still be feeling his way back in,

i thought we played some good, stuff, and defended well late on

and how amazing is it that we now have 2 full backs who can defend and go forward? brayford could be a great signing, and i think bailey is finding his feet a bit more inthe friendlys i thought he was putting too many passes astray but for me he did a good job

Archived