Off Road Trails

Waffle

I’m hoping to tap in to some local knowledge. I live in the Belper area and I’ve recently bought a mountain bike and I’m looking for woods or trails where I can take it off road. I’ve been using the Chevin but I’m looking for any recommendations of routes! ?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, sage said:

Its not very extreme but the High Peak Trail is a good long trail with the odd hill.

Carsington, Tissington and Monsal Trail are nice easy ones.

I don't know any extreme ones.

Thank you! High Peak looks straight forward to get too. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

My parents ran the Shining Cliff youth hostel when I was a kid, spent so much time up there, beautiful place.

Cool. I used to take Kids from the Nottm school i worked at around there for a walk. They used to love turning right after the hostel and coming across the lake at the last minute. Back when league tables weren't everything.  

What became of the hostel?

the lake does kind of sneak up on you doesn't it, spent many an hour swimming in it.....probably wasn't the most healthy thing to do, but we didn't know back then..!!

It is still there, its run by a private company now, you can hire the full place out too, we did this for Mum and Dads 40th (i think - it might have been 50th) wedding anniversary and had a blast.

30 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

the lake does kind of sneak up on you doesn't it, spent many an hour swimming in it.....probably wasn't the most healthy thing to do, but we didn't know back then..!!

It is still there, its run by a private company now, you can hire the full place out too, we did this for Mum and Dads 40th (i think - it might have been 50th) wedding anniversary and had a blast.

I wouldn’t trust swimming in there now! 

Archived