Kris Commons

Rodders

Joe makes a good point Fever, not being funny but this isn't League One playing against the likes of Yeovil anymore. Commons creates alot of the attacks in the team, stats will show he gets the odd assist but most attacks will involve Commons at the start.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes he was in league one.

I not knocking how Derby play him !

It's just that I would have him in a free role behind a front 2 it's the way i like to see football played. Width goal scoring midfielders & lots of goal scoring chances.

Portsmouth put Paul Merson in that position when they won this league & they walked it. Commons has talent & i'm not sure being tightly marked by a centre half will give him the space & time to control games.

Who would you play as your attacking midfielder in his place ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/8964076.stm

Derby County executive chairman Tom Glick says the club are eager to keep Kris Commons and is confident the striker will be staying at Pride Park.

The 27-year-old, who joined from rivals Nottingham Forest in June 2008, is out of contract at the end of the season.

Glick told BBC Radio Derby discussions with Commons and his agent had already started and further talks were planned.

"We are right on schedule with where we want to be," Glick added. "Kris a great talent and a key player for us."

Good news I think.

Yes he was in league one.

I not knocking how Derby play him !

It's just that I would have him in a free role behind a front 2 it's the way i like to see football played. Width goal scoring midfielders & lots of goal scoring chances.

Portsmouth put Paul Merson in that position when they won this league & they walked it. Commons has talent & i'm not sure being tightly marked by a centre half will give him the space & time to control games.

Who would you play as your attacking midfielder in his place ?

chyka put dave martin out wide

Commons is an attacking midfielder for us, he's part of the 3 behind the main striker along side Green and Cywka which you would of seen on TV against Leeds. He's played the lone striker role a couple of times for us this season due to injuries, for the odd game if needed he will do a job for us there.

Sadly very true.

I'm meaning luxury like an expensive chocolate (the ones in Thorntons where you look at the price and realise a boxfull is too much money so you'll just have the one).

Savage is more like a chocolate teapot luxury item, or a gold plated @rse scratcher.

Archived