Rodders

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Asist against Burton

Asist against Southend

A goal and an asist against Bournemouth

2 goals yesterday against Chesterfield

I'm going to have a little word with the man upstairs about his hamstrings, I'l apologise for all his sins and I hope I can persuade God to give him a clean slate.

I think the big man upstairs told clough summin as he took him off last week straight away. Hopefully will have an average season so will get a contract extension otherwise I could see Newcastle or Leeds gettin him for free next season. Deep down though all I hope is he gets past 20 games then he'd of been worth putting up with him remember it is kris were on about lol

Once again Kris Commons has spoken about his desire to extend his contract with Derby beyond the end of the season. The 26-Year-old will be out of contract by that time and has again expressed a desire to get a new deal at Pride Park signed.

"Of course I want to stay, without a doubt. I'd like to think that something will be sorted by the end of the season."

Commons does worry that he'll not get this agreed though and he'll be in the same situation as he was with Forest before he came here. That saw him not wanting to leave but having no option, however, he hopes to have a deal sorted out by the New Year.

"This is exactly the same position as I was in at Forest, wanting to stay, wanting a new contract that never came, and then you get put in the position that you have to start looking elsewhere.

But I don't want to even have to start looking elsewhere, I'm hoping Derby will come up with the goods and I can have it wrapped up by New Year."

Commons was talking to BBC Radio Derby.

http://www.derby.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=210883

This is the only part that worries me, its almost Jerry Maguire and "SHOW ME THE MONEY"

That Green eyed monster is creeping back in again.

Commons is a good player if he stays fit. If Clough gave him a free role you would see the best of him. However he needs at least 2 players ahead of him to make good use of his vision because he's not really a striker. In a free role with the team feeding him the ball in advanced positions he would be so dangerous. He was made for attacking football.

Commons is a good player if he stays fit. If Clough gave him a free role you would see the best of him. However he needs at least 2 players ahead of him to make good use of his vision because he's not really a striker. In a free role with the team feeding him the ball in advanced positions he would be so dangerous. He was made for attacking football.

My forest mate said to me he got in the way when there was two strikers, also we played hulse with Commons behind which was a great combo.

I still think he needs two strikers ahead of him

At Forest he scored on average 1 every 4 games

At Derby he scores on average 1 every 6 games

It's only a guide but i think he's wasted as a striker

He's not a scoring striker. He's a 'second striker'. Although this season he's sort of a 'second striker' and an attacking midfielder. Goals don't mean everything because his creativity to the team is his main contribution. Any goals he scores are a bonus.

When he was at Forest he spent a lot of that time in League One so it might have been easier to score goals.

Archived