Kris Commons

Rodders

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We haven't lost all pre-season, Commons has been part of most of the goals either by assists or scoring, we are winning 1-0 against a Premiership team thanks to a Commons cross for the goal and he gets boooed. Some of our fans are a joke.

We haven't lost all pre-season, Commons has been part of most of the goals either by assists or scoring, we are winning 1-0 against a Premiership team thanks to a Commons cross for the goal and he gets boooed. Some of our fans are a joke.

I concur. Another positive the fans fail to see. Commons is our best player.

• 4 weeks later...

Once again Kris Commons has spoken about his desire to extend his contract with Derby beyond the end of the season. The 26-Year-old will be out of contract by that time and has again expressed a desire to get a new deal at Pride Park signed.

"Of course I want to stay, without a doubt. I'd like to think that something will be sorted by the end of the season."

Commons does worry that he'll not get this agreed though and he'll be in the same situation as he was with Forest before he came here. That saw him not wanting to leave but having no option, however, he hopes to have a deal sorted out by the New Year.

"This is exactly the same position as I was in at Forest, wanting to stay, wanting a new contract that never came, and then you get put in the position that you have to start looking elsewhere.

But I don't want to even have to start looking elsewhere, I'm hoping Derby will come up with the goods and I can have it wrapped up by New Year."

Commons was talking to BBC Radio Derby.

http://www.derby.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=210883

Kris Commons has played down fears of a spell on the sidelines.

Commons was withdrawn from the action in yesterday's 2-2 draw with Queens Park Rangers at Pride Park just before the half time break.

After feeling his hamstring tighten, he was immediately substituted as a precautionary measure to avoid further damage.

The 26-year-old missed large parts of last season with hamstring trouble and he is keen to avoid a repeat this time around.

He told dcfc.co.uk: "Having felt it (hamstring tighten) a few times last season and done more damage than good, it was important I came off straight away to avoid any problems.

"My hamstring was getting tighter and tighter, so it was precautionary to come off,

"It was one of those feelings I get when I'm not quite 100 percent.

"If I had carried on something serious could have happened, so I should only be out for a day or two."

Moments before being replaced, Commons had given Derby the lead with a well-taken goal.

He was a thorn in the Rangers backline, who were finding it hard to deal with the lively Scot.

"I am a little disappointed it has happened now because I hadn't felt anything (in the hamstring) throughout pre-season and in the games so far," said Commons.

"For some reason something triggered it off, maybe I'm coming down with a bug or I was dehydrated.

"I was disappointed because I felt I was causing them problems and I had just got a goal too. "

Commons could only look on as QPR hit back with two injury time goals to snatch a 2-2 draw, and he was adamant the Rams deserved to take all three points.

"We passed them off the park and perhaps our undoing was a little bit of inexperience," he said.

"We deserved to win; I don't think there is any doubt about that.

"There were a lot of strong points, especially playing a top Championship side and giving them a real game."

Commons expects to be fit and available for selection for Derby's next game, against Sheffield United on 11 September.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2138291,00.html

Archived