Help if Possible

TramRam

9 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I thought you said you'd found his grave?
Is it only a photo of it, you've found?

Yes, I visited him a few times when over there with family, The Daughter has left some messages on facebook, His Wife passed some 10 yers ago we think, I found an Austrian football message board where the photo is aswell, He was given a good send off apprantly, His old Club First Vienna sent a reath and flag in Blue and Yellow...the teams colours.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It appears the name is also of Jewish- German extraction which may give a clue to the large migration to the US. I would suggest this indicates the lady had her original name as you would be more likely to change your name to a non-Jewish one in Europe at that time, than change to Kuntzmann I would think. 

We went on a Canadian website, More information.

She was born Katherina Loicht, Father Karl Loicht, Mother Katherina Fischer, Married Rudolf Kunstmann, Had a Daughter Gertrude Rudolfine Umgeher, Flew from Frankfurt Germany(Emmigrated)to the States on July 23rd 1959, Unable to work, Lived in Pennsylvania, Social Security Number 173-34-2358...But still can't get the Family connection if there is one, Waiting on email info

18 minutes ago, TramRam said:

We went on a Canadian website, More information.

She was born Katherina Loicht, Father Karl Loicht, Mother Katherina Fischer, Married Rudolf Kunstmann, Had a Daughter Gertrude Rudolfine Umgeher, Flew from Frankfurt Germany(Emmigrated)to the States on July 23rd 1959, Unable to work, Lived in Pennsylvania, Social Security Number 173-34-2358...But still can't get the Family connection if there is one, Waiting on email info

I got a fair bit right there with the generic data then . Might turn this tracing malarkey into a career. lol. Very interesting . Keep us posted.

I have absolutely no idea why, but whilst this is all very intriguing, it's also getting rather exciting! ?
Looking forward to updates, as progress is (hopefully) made.  ?

...Oh... and if it turns out she was minted, we're all in this together, remember!   ?

57 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I got a fair bit right there with the generic data then . Might turn this tracing malarkey into a career. lol. Very interesting . Keep us posted.

Now this is purely guess work from us, Herbert was a top football player in the mid late 50s, Toured with the National team, In 58-59 he was in Peru(we have his visa to the States)We're guessing only guessing mind, That Katherina worked in the Austrian embassy in Pennsylvania 1959, That's why she would not be allowed to work in the states but her Husband was, Herbert met Katharina in the Embassy and bobs your uncle an affair happened.

My Daughter has sent all info to her Uncle in Canada...he's top notch at this sort of stuff.

To be continued ?

Archived