Help if Possible

TramRam

My Uncle Herbert Grohs played professional football in Austria in the 50s and 60s, He represented Austria 7 times and scoring 2 goals for the national team, He played against Ferenc Puskás in a 6-1 defeat in Hungary scoring Austrias only goal, Unfortunately the video doesn't show his goal.

He passed away in April 2018 aged 87, We have found his grave and headstone...Below

image.png.4938c6c689c776a58bf29f939d70fdc1.png

But the Woman Katharina Kunstmann is a name we never new of, We have searched as much as we can for info on her, It's not his Mother, Not his Girlfriend, Not his wife, Could have been his MILF as the age difference is large...any advice would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TramRam said:

My Uncle Herbert Grohs played professional football in Austria in the 50s and 60s, He represented Austria 7 times and scoring 2 goals for the national team, He played against Ferenc Puskás in a 6-1 defeat in Hungary scoring Austrias only goal, Unfortunately the video doesn't show his goal.

He passed away in April 2018 aged 87, We have found his grave and headstone...Below

But the Woman Katharina Kunstmann is a name we never new of, We have searched as much as we can for info on her, It's not his Mother, Not his Girlfriend, Not his wife, Could have been his MILF as the age difference is large...any advice would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance.

I hope you're not looking for serious answers from this lot?

7 minutes ago, TramRam said:

Thanks in advance.

I don't mean to take the mick, but with her surname she was DEFINITELY his milf

Edit-didn't notice the Herbert grows part... You're on a wind up yeah?! 

18 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I hope you're not looking for serious answers from this lot?

From little acorns do mighty oaks grow, In other words, There might be just one with info we could follow up, As for a wind up no it aint, As for any jokes...Then give it your best, I've very broad shoulders?

5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Isn’t Ancestry.com free till the end of May? Might be worth a gander.

My Daughter tried that, Alot came up in the States, But nothing of any use of her age in Austria.

Free Mormon (LDS) Genealogy Records by Ancestor Search

My dad has spent about 8 years doing a family tree.  My grandmas is very interesting- find one minor person with cash all of a sudden your related to Robert the Bruce .  He's back to about 1550 now .

He has mentioned before something about  some geneology site ran by the Mormons. This apparently was very helpful and he found stuff he wouldn't have.  I'm assuming this is it .

49 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

My dad has spent about 8 years doing a family tree.  My grandmas is very interesting- find one minor person with cash all of a sudden your related to Robert the Bruce .  He's back to about 1550 now .

He has mentioned before something about  some geneology site ran by the Mormons. This apparently was very helpful and he found stuff he wouldn't have.  I'm assuming this is it .

Great site thanks....Katharina Kunstmann no records found, But I found my Fathers death, He was born out of Wedlock under my Grans maiden name, Now that's something I never knew.

Looks like 1967 could be right, She may have had 2 names.

2 hours ago, TramRam said:

From little acorns do mighty oaks grow, In other words, There might be just one with info we could follow up, As for a wind up no it aint, As for any jokes...Then give it your best, I've very broad shoulders?

No, I knew that you were being serious, it's just that we (I include myself in that) normally look for any opportunity for a joke before giving the serious answer ?. I honestly do hope that someone can give you a helping hand. Good luck.

3 hours ago, TramRam said:

Thanks in advance.

After hours and hours and hours of research, I have discovered that she died 9 days short of her 99th birthday.  Hope that helps.  

? Seriously, I wish you luck on this.  It certainly seems a challenge, but one worth pursuing, I'd say.  ??

Just a thought...

Have you spoken to the Cemetery people?  I assume such a place keeps records?
Wouldn't someone have had to purchase that plot at the time of Katharina's death?  Presumably a double plot? 
Maybe the name of the purchaser would/could be a lead?
Admittedly, it could well have been Herbert, but... 

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

After hours and hours and hours of research, I have discovered that she died 9 days short of her 99th birthday.  Hope that helps.  

? Seriously, I wish you luck on this.  It certainly seems a challenge, but one worth pursuing, I'd say.  ??

Thanks, We're getting some where, The Daughter has found some videos on facebook where a representative/Supporter of 1st Vienna(Herberts 1st club)is giving a talk by his graveside, She's left a message, So we might be getting there ?

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just a thought...

Have you spoken to the Cemetery people?  I assume such a place keeps records?
Wouldn't someone have had to purchase that plot at the time of Katharina's death?  Presumably a double plot? 
Maybe the name of the purchaser would/could be a lead?
Admittedly, it could well have been Herbert, but... 

Would be great to know which cemetery he's buried in ?

Great site thanks....Katharina Kunstmann no records found, But I found my Fathers death, He was born out of Wedlock under my Grans maiden name, Now that's something I never knew.

Your welcome . Glad it was useful.

Quit an unusual surname.  It is most common it appears in Germany .  Oddly, the name is quite common in America- particularly Chicago, so there must have been a fair bit of migration.  I had a look, as shipping records can be very good for tracing names if you have an idea that the person may have come from another country .  Probably no good in your case as Germany to Austria isn't much of a stretch .  All indicators are that this lady was probably German by family though.

Good luck.

It appears the name is also of Jewish- German extraction which may give a clue to the large migration to the US. I would suggest this indicates the lady had her original name as you would be more likely to change your name to a non-Jewish one in Europe at that time, than change to Kuntzmann I would think. 

Archived