Let's remember the good old days

admira

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Btw is your nickname a Buzzcocks reference? Now I did see them live and coincidentally it was at the same venue. 

Ive seen a LOT of live music and they were the best ever. Shelley just owned the stage.

I'dlike to bring @ariotofmyown into this convo as I've often wondered if you're a Clash fan?

Yes i am huge Buzzcocks Fan, but any of the good bands from that era was 16 in 1977 so says it all really.

Wanted to come over to see them in Vegas at the end of May, but that just ain't going to happen now?

1 hour ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Yes i am huge Buzzcocks Fan, but any of the good bands from that era was 16 in 1977 so says it all really.

Wanted to come over to see them in Vegas at the end of May, but that just ain't going to happen now?

I was gutted when Shelley died. Just a brilliant bloke and a great signwriter. 

When I saw them they were actually supported by Joy Division and a few months after Curtis topped himself.

I was a massive Jam fan, went all over to see them back in  the day. Pretty much every gig ended up with Skinheads and Mods fighting though.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I was gutted when Shelley died. Just a brilliant bloke and a great signwriter. 

When I saw them they were actually supported by Joy Division and a few months after Curtis topped himself.

I was a massive Jam fan, went all over to see them back in  the day. Pretty much every gig ended up with Skinheads and Mods fighting though.

Same as me with Pete, just seemed to have knack of summing up all my teenage angst back in the day.

Also the influence that he and the band on the music scene up to this very day is phenomenal

Last saw them at Rock City in 2016 and that was probably the best i ever saw them.

I saw them at The Assembly Rooms being supported by Joy Division however Curtis was very much alive 22/10/79.

Only saw the Jam once, again at the Assembly rooms, somewhere about the same time as  that Buzzcocks concert, however i have got into Foxton's From the Jam with some of my mates and regularly see them least once per year.

Worst concert i have been to for fighting was Madness in 1980 in the AR virtually a full scale riot between Skinheads and Mods

I was too young for Pistols at the Kings Hall (Teddies v Punks)!!! but that was supposed to be very hairy as well with people stabbed unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Same as me with Pete, just seemed to have knack of summing up all my teenage angst back in the day.

Also the influence that he and the band on the music scene up to this very day is phenomenal

Last saw them at Rock City in 2016 and that was probably the best i ever saw them.

I saw them at The Assembly Rooms being supported by Joy Division however Curtis was very much alive 22/10/79.

Only saw the Jam once, again at the Assembly rooms, somewhere about the same time as  that Buzzcocks concert, however i have got into Foxton's From the Jam with some of my mates and regularly see them least once per year.

Worst concert i have been to for fighting was Madness in 1980 in the AR virtually a full scale riot between Skinheads and Mods

I was too young for Pistols at the Kings Hall (Teddies v Punks)!!! but that was supposed to be very hairy as well with people stabbed unfortunately.

That would be the same tour I saw them in Sheffield, late 79. I didn't know what to make of Curtis and his bizarre dancing style.

I saw Madness on the Two Tone tour in 80 too I think, at again, the Top Rank.

It must have been 80 because Madness left Two Tone quite early on and moved to Stiff.

The Specials didn't come on until about 11.30, I heard one song and had to go and catch the bus!

Nastiest punk gig I ever attended was UK Subs at some dive bar in Sheffield. Everybody was gobbing on one another. Not nice at all.

31 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

That would be the same tour I saw them in Sheffield, late 79. I didn't know what to make of Curtis and his bizarre dancing style.

I saw Madness on the Two Tone tour in 80 too I think, at again, the Top Rank.

It must have been 80 because Madness left Two Tone quite early on and moved to Stiff.

The Specials didn't come on until about 11.30, I heard one song and had to go and catch the bus!

Nastiest punk gig I ever attended was UK Subs at some dive bar in Sheffield. Everybody was gobbing on one another. Not nice at all.

Probably the Limit Club?

27 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Probably the Limit Club?

No. I did see The Skids at The Limit and the first time I saw Secret Affair on the mod tour with Purple Hearts was at the Limit. 

It may have only been a room over a pub but it was down past Fargate toward the bus station.

31 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Probably the Limit Club?

LMAO, I went to see if I could find a list of gigs they have done, I know the Ramones have every gig they have ever performed on their website (saw them at the Top Rank too!), anyway they only go back to 2013.

I cannot believe that Charlie Harper is still the lead singer. He looked past in in 1980 ffs!

But it gets better, they are due to play The Hairy Dog on Beckett Street next month!

Of course it'll be canceled now, but jeez that's longevity for ya!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 14:32, Bob The Badger said:

No. I did see The Skids at The Limit and the first time I saw Secret Affair on the mod tour with Purple Hearts was at the Limit. 

It may have only been a room over a pub but it was down past Fargate toward the bus station.

Just remembered i saw Secret Affair at a private do at Sheffield Uni. (Ranmoor house).

Archived