Brave effot lads unlucky to lose

B4ev6is

We got beat by a better team. Of course they’re a better team. They’re Man Utd, they’re 5th in the premier league. In fact there are a lot of teams better than us at the moment. Norwich is a better team than us. So, as the underdogs, we would always be under the cosh and outplayed, to cause an upset any team needs hard work, endeavour, and a bit of luck. 2 out of 3 ain’t bad. We had very little luck. 

The cruel thing is that Man Utd didn’t need luck to win, but they got it anyway. The football gods are fickle. 

We get the rub of the green on Shaw’s shot, and Ighalo’s first, or if Romero isn’t having a good day, or the goals were just a couple of inches wider, and that could have been a lot different. Point is, it wasn’t one way traffic, it’s not like we didn’t have any chances to score. We would have definitely been value for a goal.

But if you ain’t got the luck, then all the Davies’s and Wisdom’s in the world wouldn’t make a difference to the result. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Can't say I agree with you in this one.

What changes to the starting line up do you think would have given us a realistic chance of winning?

First 15 minutes we were well in the game and probably had the better of the chances.

Had a bad spell after they scored but game out firing again at the beginning of the second half. Waghorns header goes in and anything could happen.

Granted it would probably have just made Man United put their foot on the gas but it could also have got the crowd right behind the team and spurred them on, who knows.

Why change that CB partnership? Why bring Whittaker on instead of Marriott of Martin. Yes we had some good chances and the younguns played well. We just came off our best win of the season, bar Swansea and he tinkers. 

The chances you mention just reinforces the point that maybe, just maybe United might have been there for the taking. Yes I believe they had more gears if needed but I am just left with what ifs now.

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

How the duck does upset correct to chalet?! They’re not remotely similar. 

I presumed you meant "upset" (and couldn't come up with an alternative), so I can't deny, I had to ask myself the same question!  LOL!

Archived