Best away GK performance?

Mick Harford

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i concur with the Poom equaliser for Sunderland game - I mean that is what he is remembered for that game but I think he had also kept them in it the other end a couple of times.

Maybe not the top purely on saves but come on he scored too.

And years and years ago (early 80's ??)I saw Bobby Mimms play for Rotherham - I do not think it was against us - I think it was a TV game - probably a cup game - and I thought that guy is some keeper.

On 18/01/2020 at 19:27, Millenniumram said:

Speaking of away GK performances, how bad was that Hull goalie today? Christ I thought Hamer was bank on the ball! No wonder he was reportedly a target for our recruitment team?

Every time a thread/discussion is started about how bad our goalkeepers are I always try to explain that a good goalkeeper is a rare, rare thing in this league and no-one believes me ? 

Almost everyone's goalkeeper is a liability. 

16/11/1957 : Doncaster at home, 1 v. 0 victory, watched from the Boys Pen - should have been a cricket score!

I like to think that the goalkeeper's heroic performance that day would be one of his best of his career, but even that was surpassed three months later when he even more heroically "saved" several lives at the Munich air crash, returning to the wreckage of the plane to rescue Man U  team mates and officials.

HARRY GREGG went on to have a long and successful club and international career, and is still alive aged 87, living back in Northern Ireland at Coleraine.

11 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Every time a thread/discussion is started about how bad our goalkeepers are I always try to explain that a good goalkeeper is a rare, rare thing in this league and no-one believes me ? 

Almost everyone's goalkeeper is a liability. 

If Roos had cost us this season as many goals as De Gea has for ManU, he would've been crucified already.

Archived