Cocu - His achievements thus far?

Sheikh n Bake

11 hours ago, Ellafella said:

A superb response @Nick_Ram Sir that is based on evidence and reason. I get that Phillip has a vision that is based on a “Golden Thread” consistency throughout the Club from Under 9 to first team, but, as you say, what is the brand on the pitch? It thus far looks a bit unclear until we reverted to the diamond. Recruitment also seems a weak area. I get that he needs time but I’m yet to be convinced that Phillip has a brand. I like him to bits and want him to succeed but a doubt exists in my mind based on what was served up earlier in the season. Derby County is a big Club and we need a high standard of football. 

I think it's worth keeping in mind that we've had a pretty disrupted season and so it's been hard to build momentum and performances. Every time we've had a good performance we seem to have a player get injured. 

We play well against Huddersfield and start brightly against- Bogle gets injured.

Play well against Birmingham And start well against Barnsley - Huddlestone injured 

Play well against Middlesbrough And start well at forest- Malone and Clarke injured. 

And that's not to mention injuries to Keogh, Lawrence's suspension, Bielik, Holmes, Mariott and Martin all trying to get or find match sharpness mid season or that we had to play with a recognised right back for a good chunk of the season. 

I'm not saying performances have been acceptable (i think if you listen to interviews closely Cocu would agree) but I do think they've been explainable.

I'll admit that perhaps because I don't hold a season ticket I'm perhaps willing to be a bit more patient because I'm not as affected either financially or in terms having to sit and watch it the cold. I just have a feeling that this is the manager we should be patient with.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived