Disco bathroom help

Wolfie

Any ideas?

We appear to have very expensive strobe lighting in our en-suite bathroom as of yesterday. 

The spot light in the ceiling is playing up & the LED light is rapidly flashing. I’ve tried a new bulb but is no better. I haven’t tried going back to the old halogen bulbs yet but the LED one has been fine for months...

Advice appreciated ?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Any ideas?

We appear to have very expensive strobe lighting in our en-suite bathroom as of yesterday. 

The spot light in the ceiling is playing up & the LED light is rapidly flashing. I’ve tried a new bulb but is no better. I haven’t tried going back to the old halogen bulbs yet but the LED one has been fine for months...

Advice appreciated ?

What kind of lamp have you changed? A GU10 LED?

7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

What kind of lamp have you changed? A GU10 LED?

GU5.3

I replaced a halogen one for LED a few months ago and all ok til now. The other spotlight in the same room is OK. 

Just now, Wolfie said:

GU5.3

I replaced a halogen one for LED a few months ago and all ok til now. The other spotlight in the same room is OK. 

I think it’s the transformer, did you used to have the 12v lamps in before?

You can take the fitting out the ceiling, hopefully pull the transformer out through the hole, and wire in a new intregated LED fitting straight into the junction box that’s before the tranny.

If I’m understanding the situation that is.

21 minutes ago, Boycie said:

You can take the fitting out the ceiling, hopefully pull the transformer out through the hole, and wire in a new intregated LED fitting straight into the junction box that’s before the tranny.

@Wolfie hasn't had a tranny in his bathroom for years, and denies he ever has.

41 minutes ago, Boycie said:

17133746-portrait-of-happy-transvestite-

?

18 hours ago, Boycie said:

Yeah I'll have used 12V halogens. I'm going to try a halogen bulb (need to buy some first) again & see if that works. The units are sealed from underneath (on the bathroom ceiling), so have to be accessed from above - via the loft

What I don't understand is if it's because I haven't got dedicated LED fittings, why has it been working fine until now?

You'll probably have guessed I'm not a DIY fan!

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Yeah I'll have used 12V halogens. I'm going to try a halogen bulb (need to buy some first) again & see if that works. The units are sealed from underneath (on the bathroom ceiling), so have to be accessed from above - via the loft

What I don't understand is if it's because I haven't got dedicated LED fittings, why has it been working fine until now?

You'll probably have guessed I'm not a DIY fan!

They should pull down if they’re recessed spots mate. I’d maybe buy new fittings.

If you’ve tried the build in another fitting and it’s ok, it has to be the transformer.

22 hours ago, reveldevil said:

@Wolfie hasn't had a tranny in his bathroom for years, and denies he ever has.

Wrong thread. Put your thoughts at the end of the survey.

Archived