It was a good season!

It really was:

Mason Mount - even if it was just for one season, it was a joy. I think I enjoyed every moment I watched him play. Players like him remind you that football is fun.

Norwich away - crazy improbable WTF lights out heart attack. It was up there with the greatest away days. Celebrations with the team at the end a harbinger of Elland Road. Was it the day the bond was forged?

The blue kit - I liked it already, but after 4-2 at Elland Road, it will be one of those kits that has magic memories.

Jack Marriott - duck me he can finish. Now, who does he remind me of... ?

Harry Wilson's left foot.

Mason Bennett - his Puskas contender, his goal v West Brom, his cut back for Bogle at Bristol.

Jayden Bogle! Well done, lad.

The glass is well over half full already, and I'm just getting started!

COYR

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

If we had really had mount fully fit all season I reckon we might even have threatened autos. I don't think he was fully fit from his first knock and was then out for a while and took some games to get back.

I agree. Replacing Mount is going to be tough. We’re half the team without him. 

6 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I agree. Replacing Mount is going to be tough. We’re half the team without him. 

True dat. 

To the list of things that made it a good season I add 

Tom Huddz - Yes, he can't run, but it was a thrill sometimes to see him slow time down with his wand and find a pass out of a tight spot. They couldn't touch him in those moments.

7 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

True dat. 

To the list of things that made it a good season I add 

Tom Huddz - Yes, he can't run, but it was a thrill sometimes to see him slow time down with his wand and find a pass out of a tight spot. They couldn't touch him in those moments.

To me Thudd has been a disappointment this season, his passing is his only asset as he isn't too mobile, can't tackle and can't head a ball (Bannan beating him in the air ?). With players like Wilson, Mount, Marriott, Holmes, Lawrence, Waghorn etc buzzing around in front of him should of suited him down to the ground. Instead more time than not he would receive the ball and go sideways or back to the centre backs whilst slowing play down. I was excited to see a fully firing Thudd playing like a quarter back pinging laser guided passes all round the pitch to the players mentioned but it just didn't happen. I have always been a massive fan of his right from when he made his debut but if the opportunity arose I would let him go.

9 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

To me Thudd has been a disappointment this season, his passing is his only asset as he isn't too mobile, can't tackle and can't head a ball (Bannan beating him in the air ?). With players like Wilson, Mount, Marriott, Holmes, Lawrence, Waghorn etc buzzing around in front of him should of suited him down to the ground. Instead more time than not he would receive the ball and go sideways or back to the centre backs whilst slowing play down. I was excited to see a fully firing Thudd playing like a quarter back pinging laser guided passes all round the pitch to the players mentioned but it just didn't happen. I have always been a massive fan of his right from when he made his debut but if the opportunity arose I would let him go.

All true. But I still love watching him shift the ball out of pressure like he's playing at a different speed from his chasers. He can come and play old man's 5 a side with me any time. 

Archived