not my job but....

I'll get slaughtered by philmycock no doubt but he's been having unnecessary little digs for years so why stop now?

I read so many threads on here in the build up to the game saying whatever happens NO BLAME.

Saying whatever happened IT'S BEEN A GREAT SEASON.

Saying whatever happened you would give the lads any stick and you'd stand by them.

Five minutes after the game the most popular opinion on the forum and the one getting the most likes are the ones having a go.

Give your heads a shake.

Now isn't the time to have a go. No matter how upset you might be.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure most are. I'm disappointed, but proud of the performance that was put in. If I'm totally honest with myself I'd say the better quality won the day, but we played some some good stuff too.

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

I'll get slaughtered by philmycock no doubt but he's been having unnecessary little digs for years so why stop now?

I read so many threads on here in the build up to the game saying whatever happens NO BLAME.

Saying whatever happened you would give the lads any stick and you'd stand by them.

Five minutes after the game the most popular opinion on the forum and the one getting the most likes are the ones having a go.

Give your heads a shake.

I’m proud of the team and will view this season in a positive light once we get out of the misery of today. But my view of this club will be tainted for a long time by how shocking our fans were today. 

38 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I’m proud of the team and will view this season in a positive light once we get out of the misery of today. But my view of this club will be tainted for a long time by how shocking our fans were today. 

Grow up Burton. Tainted for a long time? I very much doubt it.

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

Give your heads a shake.

Absolutely spot on.

The performance wasn't great, neither were we as fans and the team selection raised a few eyebrows but now is not the time to start laying into people with such venom. 

As I've said on another thread: you should never reply to an email when your emotions are high and neither should you post on this forum. 

Sith Happens
43 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Come on you are being unfair,  its not their fault they were one of the 13000 that can't be arsed to turn up for a normal game,  it was afterall a day out in London and its actually not that easy to sing when it takes you 45 minutes to Google all the players to find out whos who.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Grow up Burton. Tainted for a long time? I very much doubt it.

Going for my age, easy target there.

I am so proud of our club when the fans unite behind the team at the end of a game, win or lose. I can witness horrific performances and embarrassing defeats yet still come away proud of Derby County Football Club if the fans show that they care.

One of my favourite ever games was the Tuesday night Carabao Cup match away at Grimsby that got called off after 20 minutes. The game barely got into its stride but the support we all showed made me proud to be a Ram that night. In fact, that was the night that my drunken match reports were born. Long story short - the match doesn’t really matter in the long run.

But if the fans offer absolutely nothing like they did today, when it mattered so much, I struggle to feel pride. I’m sure I’ll get lost in the enthusiasm of a new season come August but today’s poor showing will live with me for a long, long time.

21 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Going for my age, easy target there.

I am so proud of our club when the fans unite behind the team at the end of a game, win or lose. I can witness horrific performances and embarrassing defeats yet still come away proud of Derby County Football Club if the fans show that they care.

One of my favourite ever games was the Tuesday night Carabao Cup match away at Grimsby that got called off after 20 minutes. The game barely got into its stride but the support we all showed made me proud to be a Ram that night. In fact, that was the night that my drunken match reports were born. Long story short - the match doesn’t really matter in the long run.

But if the fans offer absolutely nothing like they did today, when it mattered so much, I struggle to feel pride. I’m sure I’ll get lost in the enthusiasm of a new season come August but today’s poor showing will live with me for a long, long time.

Actually, I need to ask for your forgiveness. I did exactly what I said you shouldn't do and messaged whilst emotions are high.

To say "grow up" was childish in itself.

what I should have said is that, as soon as the new season kicks of with it's highs and low's, I doubt many will hark back to the atmosphere today so, I don't think it will taint things for long.

There, that was a much much mature and measured post than my last one. Many (sincere) apologies. 

24 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Actually, I need to ask for your forgiveness. I did exactly what I said you shouldn't do and messaged whilst emotions are high.

To say "grow up" was childish in itself.

what I should have said is that, as soon as the new season kicks of with it's highs and low's, I doubt many will hark back to the atmosphere today so, I don't think it will taint things for long.

There, that was a much much mature and measured post than my last one. Many (sincere) apologies. 

Fair enough!

Archived