U23s vs Spurs

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ambitious said:

I don't want to seem harsh on the young lad, but Gordon is showing himself to be a winger-turned-fullback. I don't watch every game, but it's not the first time I've seen him struggle. I doubt he will see a football league side pick him up. 

Have to agree.

Not sure I like this formation as we need a bit more in midfield against Spurs. They are running through the middle at will. 

Commentators have said we have reverted to 4-3 -3; if so, I  am  not sure who is playing defensive midfield.  Wassall seems to be, but that's odd.

Feel for the under 23s at times as they are often left with a mish-mash team after step ups/downs and loans are taken into account.  

Still we have good stamina so let's hope for a better second half.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Not sure I like this formation as we need a bit more in midfield against Spurs. They are running through the middle at will. 

Commentators have said we have reverted to 4-3 -3; if so, I  am  not sure who is playing defensive midfield.  Wassall seems to be, but that's odd.

Feel for the under 23s at times as they are often left with a mish-mash team after step ups/downs and loans are taken into account.  

Still we have good stamina so let's hope for a better second half.

Still looks to be 343. Bateman would be the obvious choice to slot into midfield. 

U23 football is more about personal performances than results - the players need to impress the visiting scouts to have a chance on loan / find a new club

Archived