F1 2019

EnigmaRam

On 05/12/2019 at 07:51, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Rosberg also 'parked' his car during quali, took out Hamilton and played head games all year. Quite telling that he retired the moment his 'master plan' bore fruit.

Jenson was a great driver, smooth as silk. Didn't have the raw pace of Hamilton but was so consistent irrespective of track or conditions. A good guy too, no side to him like some of these guys.

It's a good measure of how good Hamilton is that Rosberg couldn't face doing it again.

Also a good measure of how good Rosberg was too while I'm at it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

It's a good measure of how good Hamilton is that Rosberg couldn't face doing it again.

Also a good measure of how good Rosberg was too while I'm at it.

Rosberg was good alright but he kinda stole that WDC. I still struggle to give him a lot of credit because of the way he went about things. 

8 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Rosberg was good alright but he kinda stole that WDC. I still struggle to give him a lot of credit because of the way he went about things. 

Pushed to the absolute limits (and maybe beyond) to win the drivers crown.

I admire that in him, yet I admire the man who pushed him to such lengths even more.

2 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Pushed to the absolute limits (and maybe beyond) to win the drivers crown.

I admire that in him, yet I admire the man who pushed him to such lengths even more.

I see where you're coming from but I can't warm to characters like Rosberg and equally Schumacher. I know even Prost and Senna had their moments but Rosberg and even more so Schumacher just went too far, especially the latter. His ramming of Damon Hill to steal a WDC is still the most blatant act of cheating I've ever seen in motorsport. Grrrr. It's winding me up now even thinking about it ?

On 07/12/2019 at 23:08, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I see where you're coming from but I can't warm to characters like Rosberg and equally Schumacher. I know even Prost and Senna had their moments but Rosberg and even more so Schumacher just went too far, especially the latter. His ramming of Damon Hill to steal a WDC is still the most blatant act of cheating I've ever seen in motorsport. Grrrr. It's winding me up now even thinking about it ?

He did the same didn't he the following year I think with Villenueve and was actually stripped of all his points in the championship that season.

Still recall that moment with Hill today, I was absolutely gutted, yes we all know Schumacher was a better driver than Hill but Hill was a proper sporting gentleman, and having had to get behind the wheel of that williams and carry the team after sennas death took amazing courage.

Just watch the incident back below, Schumacher knows what he is doing.........

If you havent seen it by the way a special that was on sky but is now on you tube called 'the last team mate' which has Hill going back on the 20th Anniversary of Sennas death to Imola, very moving.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

He did the same didn't he the following year I think with Villenueve and was actually stripped of all his points in the championship that season.

Still recall that moment with Hill today, I was absolutely gutted, yes we all know Schumacher was a better driver than Hill but Hill was a proper sporting gentleman, and having had to get behind the wheel of that williams and carry the team after sennas death took amazing courage.

Just watch the incident back below, Schumacher knows what he is doing.........

If you havent seen it by the way a special that was on sky but is now on you tube called 'the last team mate' which has Hill going back on the 20th Anniversary of Sennas death to Imola, very moving.

Argh. Shouldn't have watched that. Fuming again ?

I'll check out the docco. Thanks for the heads up mate.

• 11 months later...

Archived