Midfield, eh?

Alph

8 minutes ago, David said:

Oh Kash, Kash, Kash, Kash......Christoper Martin will be taking a restraining order out if you carry this on! ?

People walking past will think your name is Martin with that being Waghorn's shirt number, are you comfortable with people thinking your name is Martin? I wouldn't be.

So you think I need to change my name by deed poll to stop any confusion..

I'm on it.?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, angieram said:

Played well at Ipswich and his pass completion rate was better than Huddlestone's has been since. At least he looked like he was trying to win a game of football. Main problem in my opinion was playing him and King together there (both a bit rusty.)

OK, so he's out of contract at end of season, but so are Huddlestone and Bryson and they keep getting games.

They do miss Johnson’s combative displays at the minute, he’s not the answer and like many he’s not had the consistency throughout his derby career to warrant a guaranteed start but he’s got a role within the current Derby side. Personally I’d push him up out of the DM role and go 

Evans

Mount    Johnson

Or something like that, its not the most attacking line up but it’s where Johnson has played his best football and on paper looks like it could be a balanced midfield.

I could give a load of problems with Huddlestone (especially these floaty nothing passes out wide that do nothing effective yet everyone loves) but his big problem the other night what that he played too deep. On Wednesday we needed to push up 10 yards but it’s hard to do when Huddlestone is holding right in front of the defence. It invited Millwall on and justified their high line. If they pushed up without him, we would a huge gap they could exploit. He’s a good player, but I think the way he plays isn’t the way frank wants to play and so ge counters any momentum we try and build

4 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

They do miss Johnson’s combative displays at the minute, he’s not the answer and like many he’s not had the consistency throughout his derby career to warrant a guaranteed start but he’s got a role within the current Derby side. Personally I’d push him up out of the DM role and go 

Evans

Mount    Johnson

Or something like that, its not the most attacking line up but it’s where Johnson has played his best football and on paper looks like it could be a balanced midfield.

I could give a load of problems with Huddlestone (especially these floaty nothing passes out wide that do nothing effective yet everyone loves) but his big problem the other night what that he played too deep. On Wednesday we needed to push up 10 yards but it’s hard to do when Huddlestone is holding right in front of the defence. It invited Millwall on and justified their high line. If they pushed up without him, we would a huge gap they could exploit. He’s a good player, but I think the way he plays isn’t the way frank wants to play and so ge counters any momentum we try and build

When we encourage our centre backs to be good on the ball , Huddlestone could be considered surplus and in some ways a hindrance to the passing through the lines, this is where a Will Hughes type would be an asset , but we still need a ballwinner in midfield. 

Archived