Positive Outlook

DCFC1388

After last night there appears to be quite a bit of doom & gloom around. Yes the performance wasn't great but we didn't lose which we could've done quite easily. You can question the line-up and who did or didn't start but that's Frank's decision. He is having to balance the league & cup run alongside keeping the 'older' players fresh for the final 15 games. 

So for the positive outlook - 

• Unbeaten in 6
  • Unbeaten in the dreaded February
  • Only 2 defeats (Sheff Utd & Leeds away) in our last 15 games which have included Boro, Forest, Bristol C & Norwich as well as Southampton twice
  • Level on points with 6th
  • 5 points ahead of 8th & 9th with a game in hand
  • Marriott & Mount due back in the next week or so

All of the above in Frank's first season in management as well as a lot of changes in both players, staff & style of play - for a season many felt would be a season of transition, I am happy and would have taken the position we're currently in if offered it at the start of the season.

C'Mon You Rams!!!!!!! ?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see this post. The result last night is not what I wanted (I predicted 1-4 ?) but the style of play this February is much better than last. Ipswich are fighting for their lives at the moment they weren't going to be easy no matter what we thought. There was lots of frustration in the crown last night ( especially due to the repeated losing of possession) but there was a also lots of quality (albeit inconsistent) play and King clearly made a noticeable difference. Hitting the woodwork not once but twice was just luck.

We've only lost one game since Boxing Day. There are moments in our games which to me beat all of the performances we were putting out last year and we just need more of them! Lampard clearly knows what he wants to achieve on the pitch but hasn't quite got the right formula yet.

We're still just about in contention and if performances improve I think top 6 is totally realistic this year.

Now in a dream world, I'd want Norwich to get more results like last night and in turn we start picking up some major wins (thinking Milwall, Wigan, Stoke). Why can't we get 2nd? 

Archived