Gary Hooper - Scunthorpe United

vicky-27

What would you class as investment because fact of the matter is they have invested!, just not enough to please you it would seem. We have already been down this road, how many players they have signed and how much they have spent since they have been here.......

Laurent Robert - free

Alan Stubbs - free

Roy Carroll - free

Kris Commons - free

Steve Davies - tribunal (500k)

Nathan Ellington - loan (stupid loan fee paid)

Paul Connolly - free

Ruben Zadkovich - free

Paul Green - free

Jordan Stewart - free

Martin Albrechtsen - free

Liam Dickinson - £750k

Luke Varney £1m

Chris Porter - £400k

Shaun Barker - £1m

Lee Croft - free

Lee Hendrie - free

Dean Moxey - undisclosed (£300k)

Jake Buxton - undisclosed

Russell Anderson - Free

Bailey and Brayford - £1m

Dave Martin - Undisclosed

Cywka - Free

Also signing on fees, agent fees and wages you have no idea how much they are and it is real money that still has to come out the transfer budget or do you think the tooth fairy pays for those with Monopoly money? Also all our loan signings, do you think they cost nothing?

So the fact of the matter is investment has been made, just not enough for you, and considering you think we should have a 25 goal a season striker at Derby, I'm guessing we should be spending like Man City aswell.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is abit crazy I know but I think it all comes down to high expectations which have been founded due to the fact we have rich owners. They are loaded so why are they not spending £50m and getting us in the Premiership now?

I think some people fail to realise that football club owners are also businessmen and the idea of business is to make money. I buy Goldfish for 25p and sell them for £2.00, I make a profit obviously, I have no emotional connection to them but should I give them away for free to Goldfish lovers?

For a businessman to invest money he has to be able to see a return on his money, otherwise he may aswell go burn his money in his back garden.

Despite the fact we almost went under not so long back I find it unbelievable that people just expect the owners to pump cash into the club like theres no tomorrow, it's not free money it will be debt!, and new FIFA rules that are coming in place state that you must work within your means which means no debt.

No doubt this will get turned back around and said well we're not in debt, where has all the Premiership money gone? it's gone, get over it we are in debt and unless you have hard evidence to prove otherwise your talking out your backside.

daveo that rule is a uefa one regarding entrance to within europe, if you think were going to get european competition then your wrong, and the owners in MY opinon havn't invested enough, we made a profit last season and thus they reinvested funds, I dont expect 10-12 million pounds investment daveo, however i do expect more than 800,000 poxy thousand pounds to fix a squad which is fecking broken, our 2nd top goalscorer last season was shaun baker with 5 goals and you dont think we need a striker? all were buying are people from the lower divisions or free agents, you all think roberts is going to be awsome but my example is paul connelly, did very well at plymouth but not here, my feeling is roberts is a tad too old and will struggle here

It is abit crazy I know but I think it all comes down to high expectations which have been founded due to the fact we have rich owners. They are loaded so why are they not spending £50m and getting us in the Premiership now?

I think some people fail to realise that football club owners are also businessmen and the idea of business is to make money. I buy Goldfish for 25p and sell them for £2.00, I make a profit obviously, I have no emotional connection to them but should I give them away for free to Goldfish lovers?

For a businessman to invest money he has to be able to see a return on his money, otherwise he may aswell go burn his money in his back garden.

Despite the fact we almost went under not so long back I find it unbelievable that people just expect the owners to pump cash into the club like theres no tomorrow, it's not free money it will be debt!, and new FIFA rules that are coming in place state that you must work within your means which means no debt.

No doubt this will get turned back around and said well we're not in debt, where has all the Premiership money gone? it's gone, get over it we are in debt and unless you have hard evidence to prove otherwise your talking out your backside.

where is your evidence that we are in debt? we ahve a motgage on pride park and that's it, now tbh i wouldn't call that a severe debt for a club like derby county to be worried about

The rule is for the Premiership is it not and that's where you want to go isn't it?

The club have said we are in debt, they have said that since day one, the financial reports back that up. Now unless you have any hard factual proof otherwise it's kinda get boring now.

no the rule was bought in by michele platini for clubs entering uefa competitions e.g uefa cup and champions league, and tbh the debt problem I can't prove because I have no access to derby county's accounts, however I dont believe the board, they have lied to us before and i dont believe we are in the financial position they say were in, you just have to take their word for it and tbh i dont

It has been reduced to £23m and the plan is to reduce it to £15m by August 31, which will be the mortgage on the stadium. That is a direct quote by Mr glick in 2009 http://www.football.co.uk/derby_county/glick_reveals_debt-tackling_plans_rss87284.shtml that is the link, all we have to pay is the mortgage on the stadium, we arn't in serious financial trouble

That article is from 2009, so lets assume we are £15m in debt, ok it's not serious amounts of money when you look at Man Utd's debt but we're a much smaller club and £15m is not pocket money, it's alot of money that the club want to pay off, end of story.

Would you rather the Yanks sell to some idiot who takes out loan after loan to fund stupid signings and end up like Portsmouth just for a good season or two?

all were buying are people from the lower divisions or free agents, you all think roberts is going to be awsome but my example is paul connelly, did very well at plymouth but not here, my feeling is roberts is a tad too old and will struggle here

Paul Connelly did well at Plymouth? Not to sure about that, I know a few Plymouth fans wasn't sorry to see him go and I wasn't sorry to see him go from here. I hope people do give Roberts a chance, alot of people views say he will struggle but if he can do half a job what a 37 year old Paul Mcgrath did for us in the 90's I'll be happy.

That article is from 2009, so lets assume we are £15m in debt, ok it's not serious amounts of money when you look at Man Utd's debt but we're a much smaller club and £15m is not pocket money, it's alot of money that the club want to pay off, end of story.

Would you rather the Yanks sell to some idiot who takes out loan after loan to fund stupid signings and end up like Portsmouth just for a good season or two?

the fact is though, the yanks have been super saving since 2009, and tbh i was right our level of debt is basiclly the mortgage on pride park which i have been saying all along, i said that yes the mortgage on pride park was there but i couldn't think of owt else and i was right tbh, you make it sound like i want us to spend 8-9 million and isk our future, i dont but our squad isn't good, and if they put an extra million in it might help nigel achieve what he wants and what we all want which is for us to become better and have a swuad which isn't vunrable to injuries as we are at the moment, do you think it's worth a million?

Everyone has been saying that Young Ram not just you, but when they first came it wasn't just the Pride Park debt they had to clear. And our super saving as you put it needed to be done, if I remember correctly we was topping the tables on wages and agent fees.

As your article says.....

They took over Derby in £31m debt in January 2008.

Debt is stands at £23m when the article was written in April 2009, that's £8m in just over a year.

They want the debt down to £15m by August 31st 2009, if they managed that add another £8m they cut.

Thats £16m they cut off the debt in a year and half if they kept to those dates and figures.

You've stated you think they are lying, what about? do you think they've cut more than £16m and pocketed it, if so how much?

Also you want Clough and his staff sacked, thats going to cost money to get rid of them. You want a 25 goal a season striker, that's going to cost alot of money, actually you want a whole new squad and you want it now I guess because your sounding a little impatient.

you make it sound like i want us to spend 8-9 million and isk our future, i dont but our squad isn't good, and if they put an extra million in it might help nigel achieve what he wants and what we all want which is for us to become better and have a swuad which isn't vunrable to injuries as we are at the moment, do you think it's worth a million?

So all your ranting is over an extra million being spent? it's July 10th, the season doesn't kick off until 7th August and the window shuts on August 31st. Why not wait and see what happens?

Also on a final note on the debt, before stating that X amount of debt is not that bad, you need to know the income and expenditure at the club. Neither you or I can sit and say if £15m is a serious amount of debt without knowing all the figures.

i am worried about the squad, and yes the yanks have done well to reduce the size of the debt, i know parachute payments are made over 3 years but i honestly just dont now how we got into all that debt, it's not like we splashed the cash when davies and that was in charge was it? anyways im going to wait till august when the season starts and see what happens from there, i have probablly been wrong on a few things but i honestly believe the squad we have is sub standard at the moment worryingly so, im sorry if i've monked you off :D it's just that for so long we've had relegation battles, i believe the statistics are somthing like 8 out of the last 10 seasons have been relegation battles and tbh i just want some stability and success at the club for once, last season was a relegation battle and i just dont believe we have the calibre of players to get 12th which is where i would like us to finish

Everyone has been saying that Young Ram not just you, but when they first came it wasn't just the Pride Park debt they had to clear. And our super saving as you put it needed to be done, if I remember correctly we was topping the tables on wages and agent fees.

As your article says.....

They took over Derby in £31m debt in January 2008.

Debt is stands at £23m when the article was written in April 2009, that's £8m in just over a year.

They want the debt down to £15m by August 31st 2009, if they managed that add another £8m they cut.

Thats £16m they cut off the debt in a year and half if they kept to those dates and figures.

You've stated you think they are lying, what about? do you think they've cut more than £16m and pocketed it, if so how much?

Also you want Clough and his staff sacked, thats going to cost money to get rid of them. You want a 25 goal a season striker, that's going to cost alot of money, actually you want a whole new squad and you want it now I guess because your sounding a little impatient.

in all honesty i dont believe clough is the right man for the job, i have always maintained that and never deviated, it has and is my thought it was more of a p.r stunt you know the king's son is here ect

LOL:D yeah oh well, tbh i can't wait for new season, want to get my dad a ticket to leeds he was a season ticket holder but isn't now because of everything, im wondering do you think tickets for leeds away might go on general sale? im a season ticket holder but i dontt think you can buy two away tuckets on your season tiucket can you?

i am worried about the squad, and yes the yanks have done well to reduce the size of the debt, i know parachute payments are made over 3 years but i honestly just dont now how we got into all that debt, it's not like we splashed the cash when davies and that was in charge was it? anyways im going to wait till august when the season starts and see what happens from there, i have probablly been wrong on a few things but i honestly believe the squad we have is sub standard at the moment worryingly so, im sorry if i've monked you off :D it's just that for so long we've had relegation battles, i believe the statistics are somthing like 8 out of the last 10 seasons have been relegation battles and tbh i just want some stability and success at the club for once, last season was a relegation battle and i just dont believe we have the calibre of players to get 12th which is where i would like us to finish

I believe billy spent 6.5 million on earnshaw and that donkey claude davies, my memory might be faulty :rolleyes:

Archived