Gary Hooper - Scunthorpe United

vicky-27

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aswell? has there been confirmed interest from us, not just Clough saying that he admires him.

I can see Hoopers name cropping up all next season as an excuse for why we are *****, "Why didn't Clough sign Hooper?", "Get rid of the board they should of given Clough the money to sign Hooper!"

Aswell? has there been confirmed interest from us, not just Clough saying that he admires him.

Erm - yes there has Daveo :D

Clough told the Derby Telegraph regarding the interest in Hooper.

"He is a player who has done well against us.

"It might be that we get priced out of it, I don't know, but if he is one we identify as a definite target than we would hope to be in there bidding.

"If Premiership clubs come in, there is no competition really, but if it is clubs from the Championship I would hope that if we decide to go for him we would be in with a chance."

Has he done it to keep the halfwit fans quiet? give em a name to suck on for a while and we'l get working on the real targets.

I'd rather he kept his trap shut full stop, you first hear about the transfer when he signs on the dotted line.

Has he done it to keep the halfwit fans quiet? give em a name to suck on for a while and we'l get working on the real targets.

I'd rather he kept his trap shut full stop, you first hear about the transfer when he signs on the dotted line.

thats the way i like it, none of this mumbo jumbo, will he wont he sign crap

and if he keeps the halfwits happy with that...well i will be shocked

surely they wouldnt be happy with anyone less than michael owen, you know someone people have actually heard off

(i actually quite like this guy, looks sharp in the box and been too impressive against us)

• 4 weeks later...

In a Q&A session with Hooper last month (3 days before he was linked with us) on the Scunny official site..........

What is your most and least favourite league grounds?

Peter Stewart, Edinburgh

In terms of my favourite, I'd probably say Derby County or Coventry City, in terms of what I've played at because I missed out at Newcastle United. My worst one is Accrington Stanley, where I played when I was on loan at Hereford United.

http://www.ssausagehorpe-united.co.uk/page/News/0,,10442~2016907,00.html

• 2 weeks later...

Archived