Sign in to follow this  
RadioactiveWaste

Derby County v Hull City Match thread.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

I haven't seen the game yesterday yet but there's seems to be a "Ha! Where are the Bryson haters now"

Yes, it does get boring doesn't it?! It seems some just want to goad for a reaction.

Instead, it would have been great just to concentrate on a good performance against a team who have been in very good form.

Was at work yesterday following the match play through the BBC and straight to the pub afterwards to celebrate! With our recent acquisitions hopefully we can now regularly maintain this sort of performance.

I thought Bryson was excellent yesterday, hasn't played that well all season in my opinion. Maybe the signing of King has given him a kick up the arse. Also thought Huddlestone and Keogh had good games, can't see how Evans starts whilst Huddlestone is fit from now. 

Strangely, Wilson seemed to be off it. Everything he tried didn't come off and he gave it away more than a few times - reminiscent of another Welsh winger we have. Maybe we should put Holmes back out wide and Wilson back in the middle? 

Also think Cole has to start of Wednesday. Malone was poor yesterday, and there is no point making a signing if he isn't going to play. 

8 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Malone was poor yesterday, and there is no point making a signing if he isn't going to play. 

Someone else said Malone played very well!

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

I thought Bryson was excellent yesterday, hasn't played that well all season in my opinion. Maybe the signing of King has given him a kick up the arse. Also thought Huddlestone and Keogh had good games, can't see how Evans starts whilst Huddlestone is fit from now. 

Strangely, Wilson seemed to be off it. Everything he tried didn't come off and he gave it away more than a few times - reminiscent of another Welsh winger we have. Maybe we should put Holmes back out wide and Wilson back in the middle? 

Also think Cole has to start of Wednesday. Malone was poor yesterday, and there is no point making a signing if he isn't going to play. 

Malone had a decent game in my opinion.

Well I'll be really controversial then and say I thought BOTH Bryso and Malone did well yesterday. The former seems to have been given the Mascherano-type role (his Barca days) where his main remit is to give opposing midfields no time to pick a pass. He can't pass like Huddz or Homeless and never could so I don't expect him to be especially creative now and given he plays deeper than in the Mac1 era, nor do I expect him to be finding the net 10-15 times a year after linking with our 9.

What he does do is work tremendously hard as well as trying to offer an outlet against any opposition press. Clearly Frank values those attributes more than a few on here do but then you can't please everyone, can you?

Fact is, we did a good job yesterday so perhaps his role is more about the team performance and evaluating him as an individual is therefore missing the point somewhat?

On 11/02/2019 at 12:25, SaintRam said:

Some full-back love from whoscored in a time where they take some heat quite often.

image.png.4136f31a24f10ebe6a2709f587c382d0.png

Interested in what Smith did to get a 10.0, though !

He must have been a one man team, made every pass to himself and scored all the goals as well as saving the opposition shots.